JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wife is again carrying an old Kel-Tec. We both carried one for a long time. She also has a Beretta in .32 she often carries. They work for her as she is very recoil sensitive. Nothing that small in .380 ever works for her but the .32's work fine.

Thanks for the reply. It's especially meaningful because the Beretta 32 is what I was thinking of carrying in the city. I've never carried at home, only when we've gone camping, and that was with a Smith and Wesson 380 EZ. My B32 is bulky, which is why I posed the question.

I did for a few years in a ortgies .I think its under powered for real bad situations , but the accuracy at 30 ft .might have made up for it.
But in a old cz , zastava ,beretta , fn ,colt , ppk .ect in good shape i would trust over any modern pistol.
A tomcat pockets well and is reliable

Last Edited:
I don't usually carry, but I am amazed at the accuracy I get from my Mauser 1914 and Beretta 81. Even the Zastava 70 is great. No recoil and accurate follow-on shots. I completely understand why the .32acp / 7.65 Browning was the go-to caliber for pocket carry in the past.

Wife has a Beretta Tomcat .32 she commonly carries.
I have often (over thirty years now) carried a Seecamp .32. Has been my prophylactic of choice when working I.T. projects in retail and office locations where discretion was a must.
Do I prefer to carry something more substantial when possible? Yes, however it's better than nothing, also makes for a great BUG.:(

For years I favored a Colt 1907 pocket pistol in 32 acp. Its virtues were friendly carry, natural pointer, nearly 100% reliable. Prized it for years till incredible $$$ opportunity to explore modern options.
Down side was tiny tiny sights & anemic ballistics.
The P32 keltek replacement didn't survive 15 months pocket carry, low use only. After 4 trips to factory it found home with dealer that sold it to me.
A Walther PP 32 was pleasant, accurate, reliable. Also quite pudgy for the caliber.
32 acp remains marginal ballistics.

We have a few ...

• The wife carries a Beretta 3032 when not packing her 9mm.
  • I sometimes, rarely these days, carry a Kel-Tec P32.
  • One fun gun is an SBRed and silenced vz61.*
skorp-redact-jpg.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews