JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did manage to dump 100 primers on the garage floor. I forgot to install the pin in the pick up tube. Also, I thought I could get by without the primer flip tray, bad idea. I can buy a RCBS tray at the local Costal for $5. Bottom line though, I've had the brass, powder and bullets for 35 years and finally I'm shooting.

I've done this a time or a two, as for the primer flip tray the square rcbs is absolutely the best choice as the square shape makes flipping the primers into the tray easy as opposed to the round flip trays.

I did manage to dump 100 primers on the garage floor. I forgot to install the pin in the pick up tube. Also, I thought I could get by without the primer flip tray, bad idea. I can buy a RCBS tray at the local Costal for $5. Bottom line though, I've had the brass, powder and bullets for 35 years and finally I'm shooting.

I've loaded thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds and still managed to leave the pin out the other day. (I only dumped a couple primers but still asked myself if this was my first time).

Once you start filling primer tubes by vibratory means it's hard to go back.

That said, dillon primer pickup tubes are so much less effort to use than hornady.

They all stiil need the pin in them.
My heart stops when I turn my face away and pull out the pin and hear the primers drop into position.

Just glad I don't use them anymore.

A little update. I'm pumping out 5.56 and 7.62 at an amazing rate now. I've always kept notes on cost. 35-40 years ago a 1 pound can of powder was $9.00 and a box of 100 Sierra GameKing (168) bullets cost me $10. Now a can of powder is about $30 and those billets are $40. Ive beat those prices at BiMart but still not cheap. I need to start buying online.

I've had my 550B since the early 90s. Great press! I just shipped it back to Dillon for cleaning/lube/adjustment. I had let it sit for about 20 years in an unheated garage and it needed a good cleaning.

I began reloading again 2 years ago when I retired. It's actually fun again! I just ordered in 1K of 55 grain HPBT bullets. 223 55gr HPBT - 1000ct American Reloading usually offers free shipping and just had a 20% off sale. These bullets are pulled but actually shoot really well thru my rifles.

With ammo prices so low right now, I don't think it's worth my while to reload some calibers. So I'm mostly loading .44, 5.56, and 7.62 right now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top