JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this Dillon press in 1984. I just took it out of the box. After refreshing my memory and reading the instructions I should be operational in a few days.

image.jpg adult photo sharing

Well I'll bet you were just waiting for the appropriate time to have time do it.
I'm just now starting into it too now that I have the time.
Was just sorting .223 brass & cleaning them in the new to me Franklin Arsenal tumbler yesterday so a matter of fact.;)

Last Edited:
I'm not sure if a 450 is good or bad. I'll call Dillon Monday.

Can I use RCBS dies in a Dillon press? Also I have a RCBS primer pocket decrimper (for military brass) and I'm not sure I can use it. I might have to get a Rockchucker for that operation.

If you decide that reloading is not for you, I'll be happy to take your unwanted press off your hands. I might even pay you what you paid for it. Isn't that nice of me? :D

I'll either sell the press and go all RCBS or sell my RCBS dies and get Dillon dies. I'm not sure if these brands play together. I'm still researching. Not sure why I didn't think of this 32 years ago.

All my dies are precision RCBS in the wooden boxes.

I'm not sure if a 450 is good or bad. I'll call Dillon Monday.

Can I use RCBS dies in a Dillon press? Also I have a RCBS primer pocket decrimper (for military brass) and I'm not sure I can use it. I might have to get a Rockchucker for that operation.

The 450 is just a early version of the 550 (no removable tool head or auto prime or powder charge) every thing can be updated to the current 550 except for the tool head which requires a new press frame which Dillon will sell you at a discount.

Rcbs dies will work just fine on a Dillon dies are universal (at least standard size seat crimp dies) I think you will find you prefer one brand over others. I have Dillon and Lee dies and prefer Lee dies.

As for loosing the progressive function of the press using rcbs dies the press will function exactly the same with rcbs dies as with Dillon. The 450/550 are not a true progressive press anyway more of a multi station turret press you have to manually advance it.

The rcbs primer pocket swager will not work on a progressive press you will need a single stage for that. The inexpensive Lee o press is your least expensive option for that though the Dillon super swage or the similar rcbs swager will work better and cost not much more than a second press. I have the rcbs swage die and it is kind of a pain to use and I plan on buying a super swage next time I have to prep 5.56 brass I currently just use one of the little hand cutter tools as it is a lot faster and works as well.

Thanks Papercidal! Good info. I was looking at a YouTube vide and they had something installed in all 4 stations so I assumed the Dillon sets were 4 piece (RCBS is 2 piece). I'm looking for a single stage right now (damn, I just sold one).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top