JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since it's Bridgeport, they might have just been in a wood gun cabinet. Crime isn't really a big issue over there, or at least, when I grew up a bit north of there in Omak, it wasn't. I can't imagine it's much different now.

I suspect someone knew about these and wanted them...or talked about them to someone who "needed" fast cash.

Somebody talked in a public place and the wrong person overheard. Even if I lived in a cave in the middle of nowhere, I would have had my collection of rare firearms in a big, heavy locked safe, That collection represents a huge investment, I wonder if he was........ Insured???

Yes it does.
With freedom comes responsibility.

It does not negate the criminal act of stealing, but not having your firearms secured in a decent safe is irresponsible.

I guess I better put my Honda in a safe every night, lest I want to be blamed by you that locking it was irresponsible when a thief BREAKS in, steals it and runs over someone in the getaway.

Also, I may have missed it, but I didn't see any mention that the guns were not in a safe. A collection like that, it's very likely that the owner did have them stored in a safe, and thus, all his eggs in one basket. They may have just broken into the safe or stolen the safe.

I'm a fan of hidden storage. Out of sight, out of mind.

Yes it does.

It does not negate the criminal act of stealing, but not having your firearms secured in a decent safe is irresponsible.

I disagree with you 100%. I grew up in the 40's and 50's. NOBODY had a gun safe. You were lucky is the display type gun cabinet had a lock on the glass doors. People were proud of their firearms back then, they were not ashamed and felt the need to hide them so no-one could see them...that included the one on their hip.

Well in the real world..
I lock everything down.
I'm not sure what year you think it is but for the folks living in 2013, leaving your valuables out for the world to admire is kinda stupid.
There are far more dirtbags than honorable people in this world today.
Many years ago when I lived in the country, with very little neighbors I was pretty lax on securing things.
All it takes is one dirtbag seeing no one is home and you get to tell the cops that your guns are gone.
Wasn't long after that I had a safe that was bolted to the wall and floor and I no longer showed anyone what I had.
I also started keeping a record off all serial numbers just in case.

Lock it up if you want to keep it, if not don't cry when it happens.
You will receive no sympathy from me if your stuff gets swiped and you just left it out in the open. If you have a safe bolt it down.
We shouldn't have to live this way but the sad reality is that we do. Trust no one.

A few months ago my wife's cousin was visiting and I left my toolbox open. It had a spare set of safe keys in it...
Yep, off he went with 3 rifles. That time it ended well with me getting them back and he's doing time.
Trust no one.

I disagree with you 100%. I grew up in the 40's and 50's. NOBODY had a gun safe. You were lucky is the display type gun cabinet had a lock on the glass doors. People were proud of their firearms back then, they were not ashamed and felt the need to hide them so no-one could see them...that included the one on their hip.

Although I agree with you... but times have changed. We don't live in a world that revolves on respect and compassion anymore. Today it's greed and lust. Business is no longer done with handshakes and lawyers rule the office. Sad, sad times. Be careful with who you let into your home and keep your trap shut.

Be careful with who you let into your home and keep your trap shut.

THIS!!

I absolutely abhor letting my teenaged kids' teenaged friends into the house, and they are under STRICT ORDERS that no one is allowed over when me or the wife aren't home, nor do we EVER discuss the "cool possessions" we have with them.

It's not that my kids don't have decent friends (per se') but show me JUST ONE kid that doesn't flap their mouths to their friends about EVERYTHING... with no clue as to "who" may be listening.

Yes it does.

I agree it does not matter at all. The perp is the problem not the victim.

Next you will want to blame the woman for the rape because she was dressed in red

Eh?

It sucks the guy got robbed. No doubt the turd is the problem. The problem is there are a lot of turds and we can't flush them away.
Just because it shouldn't happen doesn't mean it won't.

Feel free to trust that simple doors and windows will keep the wolves at bay.
I found out the hard way that it doesn't.
Was it my fault the door was kicked open and everything not nailed down was taken?
Was it my fault that my unsecured guns were taken? It was my choice to leave them out.
My tool box that was locked and immobile was still there.

lightbulb

Hmmm, pretty, shiny things locked up still there.
Pretty, shiny things out in open not there.

The moral of the story little Jimmy..
Lock up your stuff if you want to keep it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top