JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Gun Verses

Votes: 20 28.2%

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Other (No 30-06)

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
There are two that come to mind. The 25-06, we have taken many Elk with it. It's a very versatile cartridge, flat fast and with the many different premium bullet choices available, very deadly across the board within its range. The 6mm Remington is another. Better than the .243 in every facet, yet an under appreciated and over looked cartridge since its inception. It's downfall was that it was called a millimeter during a time when folks here in the great USofA disliked any cartridge that had millimeter behind it's name. I agree with Phillyfan, you can't beat the venerable -06 for an every day cartridge. But that's the thing isn't it? choices, choices.
Actually, SRJ, the 6mm Remington was originally the .244 Remington, it was later after they went to the 1 in 9" twist rate that they renamed it the 6mm. Many believe if Remington had started off the with the faster twist barrel and kept the .244 Remington name, it might have been the .243 Win. that would be the less popular cartridge. I don't think so, since almost any cartridge based on a former military round is pretty much guaranteed success in the civilian market, i.e. the 30-06, .308 Win., .223 Rem. .45 ACP and 9mm. Although the .338 Federal may be the exception to that rule, even though my son loves his.

Every dead elk I have asked, Declined to comment if they knew it was a .308 or .270 or if they liked one over the other.

This is the best post on this whole thread......

bravo_zps85b94b30.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads