JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think if you go quality it is more personal prefferenc. I know almost nothing about the newer offering like Scar's but fal, ar10, hk91 and m1a all provide good value. I find myself in the fal camp. I like the fal do to the ergonomics and I like the two I have alot. I think the M1a is a better distance rifle and i am too new to the AR10. I am not a fan of hk91/Ptr styled rofles. I do not like how they damage brass and their roller locking system
Others like the hk91 style rifles alot.

You will need to do your own research and see what you like. More specific answers once you start digging deeper.

How far you planning to shoot? I prefer the FAL due to its ergonomics and its accurate enough to shoot out to 600 meters, maybe a bit further.

It isn't a match grade rifle by a long shot, but its plenty accurate and simple. And with the fixed stock any sope mount will work since you never really need to take the top cover off.

I have a standard m1a and it's an excellent rifle. I got it because I used and qualified with one in the service. What do you want to know?

FN-FAL for a semi

Lot's of different bolt actions to choose from

I like my Browning BLR - a lever action take-down with a removable mag. Got a Scout scope mount for it. Might have it modified to use an integral suppressor.

I have a FAL that is great and have owned Garand 308's, M1A's, have lots of bolt guns too. The best I have ever owned or fired is my FN SCAR 17's. It is lightweight, compact and as accurate as my M24 Sniper system. It is related to a FAL only much better. I can't get my mind around an AR10 after seeing originals issued to the Dutch military frequently explode on the range. Buy a SCAR and you will never look back. They are also very popular with our Special Ops troops. The rifle is totally ambidextrous, is piston driven and has a gas setting for use with a silencer.

If your looking for a Battle rifle based .308 with excellent range potential, a FAL is quite a capable weapon. In the standard 21 inch barrel configuration, its more then up to snuff compared to the M1A, and in the match configuration, will hold its own against a M1 National Match!

Ruger precision rifle .

hqdefault.jpg

FAL don't need no match barrel. A STG-58 (Austrian FAL) will hold its own as well, as the Steyr barrels are one of the best (if not the best) barrels any FAL could receive.

Well hell, it would be easier to list which ones not to get. If we are talking bolt actions. Stay away from the Remington 710, winchester 783 and savage axis. Simple enough. Now for a good semi-auto. Take your pick. Most are pretty good, except for the sheet metal cetme. Please don't get offended, if you own one of these. Having had one (that was given to me), I can honestly say they are crap.:eek:

depends on your application, but to give ya a bit more flexibility. I would recommend a Ruger precision rifle or a savage bolt action. at least down the road you can do all the work yourself.

Semi autos: Fal, G3, Scar 17, large frame AR

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR