JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
wow that was a larger hole then i expected
DSCN3218.JPG

Propane cannot "explode" as we normally think of it - there is essentially zero oxygen in the canister. It can only become impressive once it is outside of the container. Therefore: Tannerite!

Propane cannot "explode" as we normally think of it - there is essentially zero oxygen in the canister.
True. And the LP will not burn until it 'boils' and becomes a gas. It expands and disburses quickly when exposed to the air and can be somewhat 'impressive' if it is dumped quickly and ignited but it's not explosive in the formal sense of the word.

the word is the bird no more glass bottle i am tired of all your hammer every post i give up no moe
Sagia308, we love your videos they are interesting subjects and we learn from you but we also care about gun rights and access to target shooting on public lands. Shooting glass bottles, etc. is illegal and if we continue to promote shooting those items then we, and YOU, will lose your privilege to shoot on public lands.
Please see the rules here: https://www.trashnoland.org/faq/

I personally would love if you participated more with us here when you post your videos, again your subjects are interesting. Please feel welcome to reply to comments here.

'All my hammer' ? Well if that means my criticising you about shooting bottles I don't think it's a problem.

Shooting trash (and bottles) like you have often posted makes you look like some uncaring newbee. Which makes me think - are you ?
You're still hammering 🙄 got to let that go like Buddhism go with the flow o lol

True. And the LP will not burn until it 'boils' and becomes a gas. It expands and disburses quickly when exposed to the air and can be somewhat 'impressive' if it is dumped quickly and ignited but it's not explosive in the formal sense of the word.
I am given to understand that if the timing is right, it can be impressive, to the point of being a fuel/air explosive - but you need to have a delay on the ignition source such that the fuel and air mix first?

but you need to have a delay on the ignition source such that the fuel and air mix first?
Not necessarily a delay but all the conditions have to be right to get a good reaction. air temperature and wind have a lot to do with it. LP gas is kind of 'heavy' and will seek out low areas and if there is much wind it can be disbursed out and won't be too impressive.

The conditions being right for propane to ignite mean that it is the correct concentration by volume in air of 2-9.5%. Gasoline is similar at about 1-7%. Both have what I would consider a pretty narrow explosive range. Above or below these percentages they will not ignite. Acetylene on the other hand has an explosive range of 2.5-100% and ignites quite easily. I have been forced to sit through entirely too many hazwoper courses.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads