Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

.308 rifle, stevens 200 or savage, maybe remington.

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by pyromancer, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pyromancer

pyromancer Portland Freelance Graphic Designer Bronze Supporter

I can pick up a savage 11 package for $369 at Bi-mart, but I don't have a lot of cash siting around so am hoping to find a better deal if it exists.

2. coop2424

coop2424 North Idaho New Member

3. pyromancer

Spokane is a bit far for me, and at $350 sorry but its not worth the drive. I don't care about the paint job and I saw a brand new Stevens 200 without scope for $300 at big 5 over the weekend. Or as said before I can pick up a savage 11 with a scope for $369. I would spend the $19 difference on gas just to get to Spokane and the 11 is a better rifle.

4. coop2424

coop2424 North Idaho New Member

Hey no problem good luck on finding a rifle.

5. pyromancer

Anyone else have anything? I looked at a greek rifle at the gunshow this weekend. Almost bought it but just didnt know enough about them. Might be interested in a Remington 700 or 788.

6. mike sr.

mike sr. the great tax me state: Nebr Member

Your limit may in fact limit your options; I can not find a 788 for less than $350. Why not go to an auction site and email a seller and tell him what you can spend! Ya just never know!!!

As for finding a 700 at $350...that would be a great find!

Why don't you try a pawn shop?

7. pyromancer

I saw some 788's at the gun show for around $350. Didn't know enough about the 788 at the time to snag one. Know there are a few of the 7_ _ that are not great guns and didnt wana chance it. I've seen 700s in other calibers here for $350 was offered a 7 mag 700adl at one point for around that. I just really want a .308

I'm just putting my feelers out here. I will likely pick up the savage 111 package, but am holding for a bit and trying to sell my sigma first. If a deal comes my way though I do have the money to snatch it up.