Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.308 rifle, stevens 200 or savage, maybe remington.

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by pyromancer, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pyromancer

pyromancer Portland Freelance Graphic Designer Bronze Supporter

I can pick up a savage 11 package for $369 at Bi-mart, but I don't have a lot of cash siting around so am hoping to find a better deal if it exists.

2. coop2424

coop2424 North Idaho New Member

3. pyromancer

Spokane is a bit far for me, and at $350 sorry but its not worth the drive. I don't care about the paint job and I saw a brand new Stevens 200 without scope for $300 at big 5 over the weekend. Or as said before I can pick up a savage 11 with a scope for $369. I would spend the $19 difference on gas just to get to Spokane and the 11 is a better rifle.

4. coop2424

coop2424 North Idaho New Member

Hey no problem good luck on finding a rifle.

5. pyromancer

Anyone else have anything? I looked at a greek rifle at the gunshow this weekend. Almost bought it but just didnt know enough about them. Might be interested in a Remington 700 or 788.

6. mike sr.

mike sr. the great tax me state: Nebr Member

Your limit may in fact limit your options; I can not find a 788 for less than $350. Why not go to an auction site and email a seller and tell him what you can spend! Ya just never know!!!

As for finding a 700 at $350...that would be a great find!

Why don't you try a pawn shop?

7. pyromancer

I saw some 788's at the gun show for around $350. Didn't know enough about the 788 at the time to snag one. Know there are a few of the 7_ _ that are not great guns and didnt wana chance it. I've seen 700s in other calibers here for $350 was offered a 7 mag 700adl at one point for around that. I just really want a .308

I'm just putting my feelers out here. I will likely pick up the savage 111 package, but am holding for a bit and trying to sell my sigma first. If a deal comes my way though I do have the money to snatch it up.