JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We're preparing a proposal at work that will require I buy a .308 either with threaded barrel or something I can have threaded. I'm in Idaho, but since the company I work for is in California they can't have anything to do with a threaded barrel. Gun doesn't have to be anything fancy nor particularly accurate, just capable of firing a variety of ammo (.308 and NATO 7.62) at various muzzle velocities. Obviously, bolt action is just fine. Seems like a new or used Remington 700 would do the trick, but I welcome any suggestions.

Tikka T3x
Tikka T3x

Yup.... I 3rd that!

2CFD7DF2-1BB2-493F-B2F0-6F1ABD11C277.jpeg 054B32DC-34AA-4B5A-9BA4-9B1BB7254F0C.jpeg

We're preparing a proposal at work that will require I buy a .308 either with threaded barrel or something I can have threaded. I'm in Idaho, but since the company I work for is in California they can't have anything to do with a threaded barrel. Gun doesn't have to be anything fancy nor particularly accurate, just capable of firing a variety of ammo (.308 and NATO 7.62) at various muzzle velocities. Obviously, bolt action is just fine. Seems like a new or used Remington 700 would do the trick, but I welcome any suggestions.

New TC Compass, about 250-300, great barrels, threaded, they seem to shoot pretty well.

I don't have a personal use for a .308 rifle, otherwise I'd consider a higher-end rifle. I might consider a budget AR-10 which would be more representative of the target market. The rail would also provide mounting for the electronics associated with the muzzle device.

Yep well I bought one in the youth model.
Because I wanted the short barrel 16 inch.
And it has a short stock that I just added a big recoil pad too.
And left hand bolt.
I bought the short one to take to South Carolina.
Because we hunt from a tree stand .
Like a tree house so the short gun makes it easier to move around in the stand .
And not taking long shots .
At the most 100 yards.
But basically 60 yard from bait to stand.

Lol in South Carolina you can bait them with a corn feeder .
It's not really hunting it's all about putting meat in the freezer.
And there are so many deer in the area where my friend lives.
As a none resident.
I get two deer.
Unless something has changed in the last two years.

I got to shoot a M1A in that chassis, tbh I prefer a wood stock on a M14. But I wouldn't mind the ebr chassis. Makes my FAL lightweight in comparison though.

Can you hunt with an M1A/M14 in California even? I know they make 5 round magazines for it. I know in Washington State there minimum caliber for hunting but I don't think is there is a size limit on the magazine. I don't hunt and I would not take my M14 in to the woods since it gets heavy hiking.

Can you hunt with an M1A/M14 in California even? I know they make 5 round magazines for it. I know in Washington State there minimum caliber for hunting but I don't think is there is a size limit on the magazine. I don't hunt and I would not take my M14 in to the woods since it gets heavy hiking.
I wouldn't know. Tbh when I hike I usually bring my wasr or FAL, since I prefer .30 cal, so weight isn't much of an issue for me.

Then again I'm one of those crazy bastards who always opt for the harder job too so you know... Crazy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top