JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you recommend and why?

Votes: 38 59.4%
  • 6.5 Creed

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
I've determined that I want to be a better rifleman, being proficient and accurate at shooting up to 600 yards. Through the process of talking with some guys here I've decided that the Tikka T3x CTR is the rifle but I need some help with which caliber to choose.

The choice has been narrowed to .308 & 6.5 CM.

What do you recommend and why?

I appreciate your help.

6.5 CM. It shoots flatter, has a WAY better BC and ammunition cost is virtually the same. I am a .308 to 6.5CM convert BTW.

I voted 6.5.
.308 win does 600 yards just fine, but the 6.5 does it with a little more finesse. Beyond 600 is where the 6.5 spreads the gap and becomes the more clear winner.

one thing to take into consideration if you dont handlod, 308 is WAY more common right now than 6.5 creedmoor...

*youre in the boonies hunting when suddenly you realize all of your ammo is back at home...its 15 miles to the general store in the nearest town with a population of 200...you walk in the store and there sitting on the shelf is most likely going to be 30-06, 308 win, 45acp and MAYBE 270.

ask me how i know this.

I vote 308 as it's very common for a non reloader.

Either would be great for the reloader.

I vote for 6.5CM but I think partially it depends on what you already have. Do you have another .308 already? The 6.5 is a great round but can be difficult to find regularly. I don't think it's going anywhere and will do all that the 308 will and more and farther. I think you will see better results quicker, with the 6.5 at 600 than the 308 and will want longer ranges pretty quick.

I vote for 6.5CM but I think partially it depends on what you already have. Do you have another .308 already? The 6.5 is a great round but can be difficult to find regularly. I don't think it's going anywhere and will do all that the 308 will and more and farther. I think you will see better results quicker, with the 6.5 at 600 than the 308 and will want longer ranges pretty quick.
I don't have an .308 only a .30-06. This is my first foray into this side of our hobby outside of AR's & AK's.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top