JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its funny when people get up in arms about a discussion. if you dont like the thread keep your mouth shut and dont reply. i believe this is "general firearms discussion". i was simply gathering some opinions on what some people would prefer and why.

its funny when people get up in arms about a discussion. if you dont like the thread keep your mouth shut and dont reply. i believe this is "general firearms discussion". i was simply gathering some opinions on what some people would prefer and why.
And then there are those of us that just think it's silly. But only because 2-3 of these threads show up EVERY YEAR on every gun/hunting board I have ever visited.
That's why I threw out the .270/7Mag option. Those show up with alarming regularity too. :s0114:
Face it, as a hunting cartridge in the U.S., the 30-06 is the standard by which all others are measured.
In Europe it would likely be the 7x57. In Scandinavian countries it would be the 6.5x55.

But apparently searching for common topics like this doesn't work for some. They feel compelled to start it up all over again. Use the search function and save the bandwidth. :s0129:

Deer are tougher today than they were 50 years ago. You WILL need that 100fps IF you can even hit one. Are you sure you don't want a magnum cartridge? It's the only way to be sure.

Exactly. None of the deer shot with any handgun, 243, 6mm, 30-30, 32-30, or anything else are actually dead. If it doesn't say "Mag" at the end, it can't possibly kill a "modern" deer.

The modern deer has developed a layer of a natural forming kevlar. Large caliber, heavy bullets (premium, of course) are required. I'm going to write to the DNR and demand that tungsten core be required for anything larger than paper targets.

Further, one can't possibly hit, much less kill, a deer without a high magnification, adjustable parallax, high end optic with lots and lots of lines, dots, and/or circles. Until such things were invented, hunting was just an excuse to get away for the day/weekend.

Exactly. None of the deer shot with any handgun, 243, 6mm, 30-30, 32-30, or anything else are actually dead. If it doesn't say "Mag" at the end, it can't possibly kill a "modern" deer.

The modern deer has developed a layer of a natural forming kevlar. Large caliber, heavy bullets (premium, of course) are required. I'm going to write to the DNR and demand that tungsten core be required for anything larger than paper targets.

Further, one can't possibly hit, much less kill, a deer without a high magnification, adjustable parallax, high end optic with lots and lots of lines, dots, and/or circles. Until such things were invented, hunting was just an excuse to get away for the day/weekend.

:s0140: :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads