1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

.308 FN made Mauser 98

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by jordanka16, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

As best I can tell, this was a Mauser made by FN and sold to the Colombians, it was then imported to the US and the owner put a .308 Mauser barrel on it, the barrel is actually made by FN too though, so it's a good match. The military stock has been replaced with a Fajen monte carlo stock, but the metal is unaltered (except for the barrel).

This would be a good rifle to remove the barrel and build your own rifle using a high quality FN made 98 action, or keep it as is; the barrel is mirror bright, and has very strong rifling.

There is bluing wear, and a patina over parts of the barrel and on the bolt. No pitting at all.

I'm not a hunter so this rifle is not something I really need, and as I have no clue what this would be worth, I'm only putting it up for trade. I like German or South American mausers in 8mm or 7mm, Finnish mosins, most other mil-surp guns (I have enough russian mosins though), AK-47 or AK-74 (a Yugo M70 would be really nice), .357 revolvers, single action revolver in .45 LC or .44-40, side by side shotguns, and who knows what else. Send me a PM with what you have and we can go from there.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Receiver Crest

FN production markings

FN proof marks and caliber markings
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.