JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Realized I never made a build thread for my .308

It's nothing new though. Most have probably already seen it.

Lower:
Aero Precision M5 stripped lower receiver
Ground zero precision DPMS lower parts kit - no grip - no fire control group
ALG combat trigger
Luth-AR MBA-1 .308 rifle stock kit (buffer tube, buffer, spring, and stock + hw)
Magpul 20rd PMAG x4
Hogue grip

Upper:
Aero Precision M5 Stripped upper Receiver
Aero Precision dust cover assembly
Strike industries red anodized forward assist assembly
Guntec .308 nickel boron bolt carrier group
Fortis Hammer .308 Charging Handle - Black Teflon
JP enterprises enhanced .308 extractor (original guntec extractor broke after 220rds due to DPMS gen1 extractor flaw)
BCA AR-10 Barrel, 18" 416R Stainless Steel SOCOM Barrel, Straight Fluted, .308, Mid Length Gas System w/ 1:10 Twist
expo arms .750 low profile gas block
Anderson manufacturing mid length gas tube
VG6 Precision 7.62 gamma muzzle brake
AimSports DPMS High AR-308 13.5" M-LOK Freefloat Handguard
Tufok 3" red anodized MLOK pic rail section. (for bi-pod)
American Defense Recon Straight Quick Detach 30mm Scope Mount - Black
Primary Arms 4-14X44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS HUD DMR .308 / .223 Reticle

Atlas QD bipod (shared between all my rifles)

20190216_125031.jpg
20190520_213757.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice group. How well does that muzzle brake work? Much felt recoil?
Other than the typical brain rattle from the concussion of the fireball kicking out of each side of the brake...it barely pushes you back but really no "kick" to it. recoil comparable to a optimally gassed 5.56. no shoulder discomfort at all. Stock isn't even padded. It's plastic if that tells you anything based on what I've said ;)

It's one of my favorite guns to shoot.

I just ordered an Aero receiver set a couple of days ago. All along I planned on spending $300-$500 on my barrel and was surprised to see your BCA did so well. Are your groups consistent?

I just ordered an Aero receiver set a couple of days ago. All along I planned on spending $300-$500 on my barrel and was surprised to see your BCA did so well. Are your groups consistent?
All under MOA with decent ammo.

BCA has a MOA guarantee on their rifle barrels. If you can't get it to group @ MOA or under with proper shooting technique and good ammo, they will replace the barrel. (that guarantee does not extend to lower tolerance ammo like steel case or run of the mill M80 ball. You need match grade ammo like federal gold medal to prove the barrel can't group MOA or better to eliminate inconsistent loads as a factor.) They make good stuff. They aren't a fancy name brand, but they can certainly hold their own against fancy name brands.

I have 4 barrels from them now. I haven't grouped the 4th yet because I need an optic that's not 1x to pull off a good grouping, but my other 3 with optics on them have all done sub-moa groupings. I have 2x 7.62x39, 1x 6.5 grendel, and the above .308 all from BCA. the 7.62x39 groups sub-MOA with steel cased ammo! (wolf military classic 124gr) the grendel does it with ELD Match 124gr hornady black ammo, and the 308 seems to like 168gr sierra match king.

Nice build, nice range results.
I finished building my 18" AR308 last winter.
I hope to take it out this week.
And using the Atlas on all, I do as well.

Want to go in with me on this?

Hi blackdog. I dont know if ill build any ar10 rifles. Im set with my Armalite ar10T and performance center m&p 10 6.5 creedmoor. I have, however, been thinking about trying one of those on an ar15 receiver that my custom 6WOA barrel is on. Thats if my new loads dont help with accuracy. I may have found the problem with that one though. When i can get out and shoot again, ill be running the new loads. Im hoping they are consistent moa loads. If not, that tool is going to be the next step.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top