JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive had all the parts to finish it but held back until I got
the custom buffer and adjustable gas block done and now it needs a scope.
So many to choose :confused:
Give me some Ideas as this will be for a 100-1000 yard
papertargetaneritehunting 308 :D
Ma-Ten upper/lower
Noveske 18" 762 barrel
SWS E1 15" handguard
Jewell trigger group
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul Mia pistol grip
Armalite bolt carrier group
Phase 5 Tactical EBR Extended Bolt Release
AAC 762sd muzzle brake
Tubs flat recoil spring
Stainless 6 oz custom buffer
stainless custom adjustable gas block

Mega308done9w.jpg
Mega308done4w.jpg
Mega308done10w.jpg

i would go with the bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16. they are solid scopes and for around 650 dollars they stand right up to leupold.plus the magnification range is incredible. my second choice would be the nikon monarch gold 4-16. they both feature 30mm tube and the class clarity is unreal. the funny thing is nikon and burris have to highest light transmission for the price. leupold is in 3rd or 4th place as far clarity. kind of strange considering only 3 companies on the planet make the lenses.another thing to consider is many shooters,including the marine corp for along time, used 2.5 -10. you can still shoot 1000 yards with a ten power,and alot of people do. now if money were no object i'd get a US optics for sure.

I have a Leupold vx-3 in 4.5-14 on my Savage LE.308 works great! I am building a .300 Win mag and until I can get a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T I am goin to get a Millet LRS 6-25x56. Has 140 MOA adjustment with illuminated mil-dot. Can be had for $400-450 online.

For general all purpose glass, not sacrificing quality of course, I don't hink you can beat a Leopold 3x9x50 in VariX II or III. You can find a good used one for $200 to $300. On most rifles you'll need a hi relief scope mount to get clearance for bolt action, the "cost" of getting the bigger glass 50 vs 40 mm objective.

The additional 10 mm in diameter is worth every headache and extra cost, it really makes THAT MUCH difference. You know the routine in NW, grey - dark to light shades most times all day - add heavy humidity - foggy - early morning, late evening (best shooting times) low light coupled with weather and humidity you need and will want every lume you can squeeze out of your glass.

Give it a serious look then throw out everybodys opinion and get the one that satisfies you.

Jim

call me anytime 360-775-7741

This will help steer you towards a shorter list:
Price range
Magnification range
FFP/SFP
Parallax adjustment or not
Adjustment value MOA/Mil
Illumination
Zero stop
Is weight an issue?
Low light use?

Jason

For general all purpose glass, not sacrificing quality of course, I don't hink you can beat a Leopold 3x9x50 in VariX II or III. You can find a good used one for $200 to $300. On most rifles you'll need a hi relief scope mount to get clearance for bolt action, the "cost" of getting the bigger glass 50 vs 40 mm objective.

The additional 10 mm in diameter is worth every headache and extra cost, it really makes THAT MUCH difference. You know the routine in NW, grey - dark to light shades most times all day - add heavy humidity - foggy - early morning, late evening (best shooting times) low light coupled with weather and humidity you need and will want every lume you can squeeze out of your glass.

Give it a serious look then throw out everybodys opinion and get the one that satisfies you.

Jim

call me anytime 360-775-7741

As said above, establish the features that you want....

I'm running one of the new IOR 3.5-18X on my POF.
FFP, mil/mil, illuminated, zero stop, secondary POI indicator ( for when you're using a can), excellent glass and weighs about as much as the bloody gun so I wouldn't want to carry it in the field too much, but good from 100 -1000 or so yards...

or scan The Snipers Hide for a used Nightforce or USO. Built like tanks with excellent resale value if you want to trade up/out

very nice build BTW !!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top