JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't reload, or know much about it. I was given 700 rounds of Hornady .308 once-fired brass. It is all from their TAP line of ammo. What is this worth?

Not fishing here, I honestly don't know what it's worth. If I did, I'd just post it for sale.

Thanks.

somewhere in the neighborhood of .15c per brass, you can get mixed brass 500 pieces for 125 that has been sized, trimmed, swaged and cleaned up and shiny.. or brand new hornady brass is around 50c a piece in sportsmans, they come in 50rd containers for 25$.

Mixed 308 that is just dirty range brass i would give 8 - 12 cents for.. more when it gets cleaned and processed.

somewhere in the neighborhood of .15c per brass, you can get mixed brass 500 pieces for 125 that has been sized, trimmed, swaged and cleaned up and shiny.. or brand new hornady brass is around 50c a piece in sportsmans, they come in 50rd containers for 25$.

Mixed 308 that is just dirty range brass i would give 8 - 12 cents for.. more when it gets cleaned and processed.

This..

And figure about $.10 for range brass.

Dirty or relatively clean it all needs processing. Key is don't process it to make money. You may over size it for some people who want brass that fits their chamber, making them have to load it once just so they can get the brass back out to a larger size.

Tarster and I ran into that. My die was set to size it smaller than what he needed... that was an embarrassing mistake.

I don't reload, or know much about it. I was given 700 rounds of Hornady .308 once-fired brass. It is all from their TAP line of ammo. What is this worth?

Not fishing here, I honestly don't know what it's worth. If I did, I'd just post it for sale.

Thanks.
Hornady is good brass.

This..

And figure about $.10 for range brass.

Dirty or relatively clean it all needs processing. Key is don't process it to make money. You may over size it for some people who want brass that fits their chamber, making them have to load it once just so they can get the brass back out to a larger size.

Tarster and I ran into that. My die was set to size it smaller than what he needed... that was an embarrassing mistake.

Made for good plinking brass.. but it is a good point. Unless it goes into a ar platform were it would need to be sized down more than a common bolt action.. leave it dirty.. you may get alittle more since it's good quality brass, all one has stamp and also known once fired.

Maybe less than .10 cents to some, Hornady TAP brass is usually nickel plated, not desirable for most folks reloading for rifle ammo.....

worth is a question only the owner can really determine.
value is the price someone would sell something for
and brass will sell and trade when the owner and prospective buyer can reach a determination where both are satisfied.

Having said all this, once fired , unprocessed brass is worth less than fully processed brass that is ready to load. Values usually are about 50% of the new factor prices.

Generally, fired brass is fired brass, $1.25/lb. I'm sure someone would give you more for it given the headstamp, and how clean/shiny it is. But that's the higher end of the market. My suggestion: take what you can get.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top