Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.308 AR build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Raidingtime, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Raidingtime

Raidingtime SE Portland Oregon Well-Known Member

Any recommendations on parts/accessories will be greatly appreciated! Any knowledge on Palmetto State Armory parts is great too.

Thanks

2. wiky86

wiky86 Gladstone Active Member

Mega is a great way to go. Very nicely done pieces.
    I haven't used PSA's AR10 stuff, but their AR15 LPKs and upper receivers have always done well by me.

Tacticool22 and Raidingtime like this.
  3. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

There are a few posts on here for 308 ARs. Mega MaTen would be my choice for upper/lower combo. Aero makes a nice set up also. As for PSA if you go that rout do not mix and match as they do not fit well with others from what I have heard. I also agree the PSA LPK are a great product.

Raidingtime likes this.
  4. Raidingtime

Raidingtime SE Portland Oregon Well-Known Member

thank you.

Currently I have an Aeroprecision stripped upper and lower because the set was on sale for $215. I was looking at Mega but for it would have been $500-600 for the same product. They are very nice looking uppers/lowers plus I like how local they are. Aeroprecision is a local company which had sway in why I chose them. I can't imagine using a Mega AR and accidentally dropping it or scratching it. I'm using this rifle for hunting and training which suggests it will get dinged.

I will look into PSA parts. I may get a 20" barrel from them as well as I've heard they sell FN barrels. Any truth for that?

5. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

If the rifle will be used for hunting, be mindful of what the eventual total weight of the rifle will become. When building an AR10, it is not very difficult to end up with quite a heavy rifle.

It can be very frustrating too, as many manufacturers do not list the weight of their parts. I ended up having to make a number of phone calls for my AR10. Definitely verify the weight and contour of any barrel that you get.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Tacticool22 likes this.