JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mega is a great way to go. Very nicely done pieces.
I haven't used PSA's AR10 stuff, but their AR15 LPKs and upper receivers have always done well by me.

There are a few posts on here for 308 ARs. Mega MaTen would be my choice for upper/lower combo. Aero makes a nice set up also. As for PSA if you go that rout do not mix and match as they do not fit well with others from what I have heard. I also agree the PSA LPK are a great product.

thank you.

Currently I have an Aeroprecision stripped upper and lower because the set was on sale for $215. I was looking at Mega but for it would have been $500-600 for the same product. They are very nice looking uppers/lowers plus I like how local they are. Aeroprecision is a local company which had sway in why I chose them. I can't imagine using a Mega AR and accidentally dropping it or scratching it. I'm using this rifle for hunting and training which suggests it will get dinged.

I will look into PSA parts. I may get a 20" barrel from them as well as I've heard they sell FN barrels. Any truth for that?

If the rifle will be used for hunting, be mindful of what the eventual total weight of the rifle will become. When building an AR10, it is not very difficult to end up with quite a heavy rifle.

It can be very frustrating too, as many manufacturers do not list the weight of their parts. I ended up having to make a number of phone calls for my AR10. Definitely verify the weight and contour of any barrel that you get.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads