JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, finally took my SBR 300blk out and noticed immediately these marks at ejection?
Can anyone give me some idea what is causing this? Obviously the brass is hitting here but why?

Its an AERO built by Curt's in Milwaukie. Did not have a single failure of any kind. Cycled great.

Thanks guys! I yield to your wisdom!
Nick

2017-04-18 14.59.05.jpg 2017-04-18 14.58.59.jpg 2017-04-18 14.58.48.jpg

It's deflecting the brass just like it's designed to do.
It does look like it's doing it rather violently. I would recommend an adjustable gas block so you can bleed off some of the extra gas and lesson the impact.

Yeah, i don't have Velzey's experience, but i know that area on my AR is pretty beat up, that lump is there specifically for this reason though.

My AR was denting the brass on the deflector. Not enough to affect re-loading I don't think, but still.. I took a piece of adhesive backed velcro and cut it to shape and put it on the deflector. You wouldn't even notice it's there if you didn't look right at it. Black on black, and dents no more.

My AR was denting the brass on the deflector. Not enough to affect re-loading I don't think, but still.. I took a piece of adhesive backed velcro and cut it to shape and put it on the deflector. You wouldn't even notice it's there if you didn't look right at it. Black on black, and dents no more.
Thats a good idea. Thanks!
Nick

My piston AR was slamming the brass so hard (deep dents in the cases) it was deflecting at 1 o'clock not 3 or 4 o'clock. A member here suggested a Tubbs flat wire buffer spring and it did the trick!!!!

308 said "I found with all the dinking around with my ARs I've neglected the recoil springs and buffers, so I happened on that video and ended up buying the Tubb Precision AR-15 CS Flatwire Buffer Spring and some new Spikes Tactical Buffers. I noticed my recoil springs had sagged, and the buffers were not the same. This explains some odd recoil and ejection problems I was having. I hope to test them out this weekend.

As far as your brass with the dents, it's your call but "I" probably wouldn't use them for reloading since I have plenty of others to choose from."

Tubbs:
Tubb Precision AR-15 Stainless Steel Buffer Spring (Fits both Carbine and Standard length stocks)

Buffers:
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...ndard-buffer-sku100-008-580-42451-100405.aspx"

Thanks 308!!!!;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top