Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.300aac blackout vs. .300 balckout

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by chrislind2, Mar 17, 2015.

1. chrislind2

chrislind2 Springfield, Oregon Member

Just bought a .300 blackout upper and I see Cabela's lists 1 .300 aac ammunition and 11 .300 blackout ammunition choices. So is the .300 aac different in some way?

2. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Same thing, different name. Like 9mm Luger, 9mm Parabellum, 9x19 etc...

3. blackadder

blackadder Everett Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Also, Hornady makes 300 Whisper/Blackout, again, same thing. My understanding (and that isn't much) is that there is little to no difference between blackout and whisper. The Hornady stuff is interchangeable, not sure about load manuals though.

4. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

More difference in .308win. formed Brass Cartridges than between, 30-221 rem. / Whisper / 300BLK .
    I Still using my old Redding 30-221 Remington Die set for Brass forming & resizing the newer AAC SAAMI cut chamber and used to use it also when I had Whisper Reamed chambers . There is only a touch of added free-bore in the SAAMI 300BLK . Added free-bore for the SAAMI was for pressure of using 'factory load' BLK ammo and having the extra OAL for the heavy long bullets in Sub-Vel. loads .
    (example) ..You want to mimic the AAC 300blk then just take a PTG Whisper reamer & then add/cut 50-thousands freebore to the Whisper chamber cut and .. there you go . & it works great .