Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

300 yards?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by SG85, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SG85

SG85 503 Member

Been to a few of the local spots out by hillockburn but can't find a 200+ yard open area. Ideally I'd like to get 400 but looking for help.

2. bballer182

bballer182 Molalla Active Member

Good luck. The only thing I can think of other than a few hunting spots is shooting across canyons. Better off to head south toward flat lander areas like silverton and stayton

3. tardylemon

tardylemon Salem Member

i have a rifle that ive never shot and would like to sight it in for at least 300 yards if not more. so i guess this is a bump. maybe a possible group shoot? im a noob on this forum too. and these places hopefully could be lowered car friendly. i have a lowered bmw that id prefer not to be dragging on the ground lol. thanks in advance.

4. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

I think they shoot 50 cal out to 1000yds at Douglas Ridge. They also have shorter distance ranges.

5. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

They shoot out to 1000 yards every Thursday but; No 50 cal.

6. Steve06

Steve06 Oregon Active Member

Several years ago we shot 50's there. Guess things change. Last year at a Sniper competition they were shooting from a helicopter.

7. mcathcart

mcathcart Beaverton, Oregon Active Member