JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You mentioned that you already have 270. I think that if you just up dated it a bit, maybe a new scope or a new stock, you would do just fine, so here is my 2 cents worth:

That's a very good point, actually.

Get better glass.
Get an aftermarket trigger.
Get a better barrel (eh, if you're just shooting 300yds and under and not planning on doing extended target shooting, that's not super necessary).
Get a more solid stock if it's in a flimsy plastic one.

From what it sounds like, the OP doesn't appear to be chasing any hardcore precision work or reaching out too far. I'd take his budget and get some good glass and then make sure his barrel and stock are playing nice (free float the barrel and bed the action) if they aren't already. That .270 will do everything he needs.

I'm a 30-06 guy always will be I have a Remington 700 and a Savage Axis. Both can hit a milk jug at 500 yards and the '06 cartridge has killed 2 and 4 legged creatures. That's all you need and ammo can be found anywhere from 100 grain to 208 grain in any store worth spit.

A new vid on Savage Tact. BA rifles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GimLxdHYhGQ
Published on Jan 12, 2014

These guns often won't interest the tactical elitist. As discussed, they often want something much more expensive and "special." But if you're concerned mostly with performance and value and not nonsense, look closely at what I show you here. This video review covers the entire Savage 10 series of tactical rifles in standard calibers of .223, .308, and .300 WM. Represented in the over four years of shooting for it are the Savage 10 and Savage 10 FCP-SR, both in .308 Winchester. Ergos, accuracy, weight considerations in POU, build quality, quirks, and value are laid for both the buyer and enthusiast of these straight shooting guns. Expect to get your money's worth. Then you can go out and spend those other thousands on more pressing needs in your

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top