JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$950
Manufacturer
Weatherby
Caliber
300 Weatherby Magnum
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Zip Code
This is a beautiful 300 Weatherby that was just cerakoted. It is as close to mint as you can get. This comes with three boxes of factory Weatherby ammo. This model was made in Germany. Get it now just in time for elk season.

Weatherby 7.JPG Weatherby 2.JPG Weatherby 10.JPG Weatherby 6.JPG Weatherby 5.JPG Weatherby 4.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Dude absolutely beautiful rifle ,the German made rifles are the best of their class, what a deal, good luck on your sale someone is going to get a real deal on this one, the wood is awesome...

How much recoil 300 Weatherby Magnum generates in this rifle? I am on market for a nice bolt action (originally thinking about Bergara B-14 in 308 Win) and this one is a beauty. My concern would be recoil. I shoot Henry 45-70 Gov Lever Action and would like to avoid buying a rifle that kicks more than my Henry. I would highly appreciate if someone who shot both 45-70 Gov and 300 Weatherby Magnum could offer some input on the recoil.

How much recoil 300 Weatherby Magnum generates in this rifle? I am on market for a nice bolt action (originally thinking about Bergara B-14 in 308 Win) and this one is a beauty. My concern would be recoil. I shoot Henry 45-70 Gov Lever Action and would like to avoid buying a rifle that kicks more than my Henry. I would highly appreciate if someone who shot both 45-70 Gov and 300 Weatherby Magnum could offer some input on the recoil.
Its gonna kick. I would say the recoil is on par with my 45/70 guide gun with bear loads. Its a different kick tho, it is sharp and fast not like a push. It isn't intolerable but you dont want to shoot 2-3 boxes at the range in one session. What helps is this rifle has a little weight to it. My MKV ultralight doesnt and it kicks but its like carrying a .22 hunting... If you can handle the 45/70 the 300 weatehrby you will be alright with it...

Thank you
Its gonna kick. I would say the recoil is on par with my 45/70 guide gun with bear loads. Its a different kick tho, it is sharp and fast not like a push. It isn't intolerable but you dont want to shoot 2-3 boxes at the range in one session. What helps is this rifle has a little weight to it. My MKV ultralight doesnt and it kicks but its like carrying a .22 hunting... If you can handle the 45/70 the 300 weatehrby you will be alright with it...
Thank you so much for the input. This rifle is very tempting, but think I will skip it. I shot few +P with my Henry 45-70 and my right shoulder was not happy about it. It is hard to find 308 Win (maybe 270 Win if not 308 Win) that is a bolt action and has real wood stock.

Thank you

Thank you so much for the input. This rifle is very tempting, but think I will skip it. I shot few +P with my Henry 45-70 and my right shoulder was not happy about it. It is hard to find 308 Win (maybe 270 Win if not 308 Win) that is a bolt action and has real wood stock.
No worries not trying to deter you at all if i didnt already own 2 300 weatherbys I would buy this one. Good deal on a sweet rifle... Remember too if your Henry doesnt fit you right it going to seem to kick harder. Factory weatherby stocks fit me to a tee and I dont seem to notice recoil as bad with those stocks.

To OP GLWS

Not just made in German. Made in West Germany! That is a beautifully functional piece of history there. A quick tour of the interwebs indicates manufacture by J. P. Sauer und Sohn, so production sometime between 1964 and 1973. If I'm reading my links correctly, Weatherby moved production of the Mk V to Japan (Howa) in 1970.

I don't even have a use for this rifle and I want to buy it! Someone step up!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.