JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a Remington 700 BDL 300 ultra mag, it is a used gun and the gentleman who sold it to me does not know the year it was made. Is there any way to tell the year of the rifle? Also looks to have some factory engraving with a Ram engraved on the floorplate, was this a special order gun? It is a beautiful rifle. What does BDL stand for? Thanks.

The 300 RUM was introduced in 1999, based on the .404 Jeffery case (if you are interested). Try this <broken link removed> for dating your rifle

I am not sure what exactly 'BDL' means but ADL's have a blind magazine, a BDL has a floor plate that allows dropping any rounds in the magazine.

I have a 700 police in 300 RUM that I bought not too long after the cartridge came out. Its a heavy beast but thats really a blessing considering its recoil. I really like the rifle and its a great caliber to reload.

Mine came with a H&S Precision stock and a heavy barrel as standard. I've never weighed it but its quite the chunk. I don't think it kicks any more than some of my lighter weight -06's do. Still though, a light charge of power in a 300 RUM is about twice what you put into an -06 case.

1999 was the first year Remmington produced a production rifle in 300 RUM. It existed as a wildcat variant of the 404 Jefferys since the early '80's.

The more I shoot mine the more I love it. My buddy reloads so that takes some of the cost out of it, I did score on some of the Remington 150gr. power level III and man do they wake you up, thank goodness for the muzzle brake!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top