JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If this isn't the correct spot to post this I apologize. I have a couple questions regarding a 300 Norma build I'd really like to get kicked off. Does anybody here have any experience with this caliber?

My components in mind are:
- Defiance Tenacity (their 37 week lead time is a huge drawback), Kelbly Atlas 338, or the Terminus Kratos seems appealing too but the added cost although not a dealbreaker could be used elsewhere in the build
- AG composite alpine hunter
- Triggertech of some sort
- I'd like to run a carbon barrel but contemplating a steel barrel that's fluted pretty deep to help cut weight.

I've never built or had a custom bolt gun built and being indecisive has been a pain in the @55 when narrowing down parts. I haven't called Kelbly or Terminus yet to see what their lead times are on actions but they seem to be great options. As far as barrels go from what I've read 1:10 seems too slow for the heavies (215gr+) many guys seem to go with 1:9 however Kelbly has a Brux 1:10 #4 heavy sporter chambered for 300NM that's already threaded in stock according to their website. Not sure if going with a 1:10 will be a bad choice or not since I plan on shooting the heavies. Does anybody have direct experience with any of the actions listed and recommend or like one more than another? I'd like to keep this rifle around 10lbs scoped

My intended use for this rifle is hunting and occasional elr. I'm aware I could go with 100 other calibers and more than likely achieve my goals as far as ethically taking animals go but I'm not looking for opinions on other cartridges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top