JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm setting up to make 300 Blk from 5.56 LC brass and I am wondering if I should use a second sizing die for the initial sizing from the 5.56? I'm thinking that I would be saving some wear and tear on the dies used just for re-sizing from already fired 300 blk brass.

ive made 1000s of 300blk brass. i take some 0000 steel wool to the inside of my sizing die when my dies start to scratch the brass. cleans it right up.

Trim, lube, size, size again, clean, trim to proper length, load, shoot, clean repeat.

Mentioned above, your dies are way harder. I've done stuff I should with dies to see just how far you can cram a large caliber into a small die because I could.

When I cut 300 BO and sized I decided to do it one time and did a 5 gallon bucket of 556 brass, figuring that would be enough. Now my bucket is getting skinny !

I'm a big fan of the lanolin and IPA for lube.

I 2nd the home made lube10 to 1 red bottle of HEET dry gas and liquid lanolin.
I use to use Hornady One Shot sprsy for resizeing and would get stuck cases, mostly 223 cases.
Since swithing over to the home made stuff no more stuck cases.
I need to pick up the mini cut off saw from harbor freight and s 300 blackout jig from Squirrel Daddy.

After cutting the cases I chamfer and debur them before running them through the sizing die. That is all I do that I would consider extra.

I also do this after seeing what I cleaned out my first 300BLK die set (used), I pulled out a gob of fine brass shavings from the top of the sizing die.:eek::eek::eek:

+3 for the Lanolin/Heet concoction, I'll never use anything else unless I run out and have a tub of Crisco...:D

I have my jig set up to cut cases at 1.360 +/-, chamfer in/out then resize. There is minimal
trimming to do afterwards and most times the inside chamfer is still present so only a light chamfer is needed.

BB85AD3A-467D-4609-BA28-48F6881AB97B.jpeg

98615C94-1121-47A5-9B2B-140554EC92AE.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews