JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks again for the info! It really does teach me a little. Looks like i can only learn so much for right now tho. Due to not having the rifle yet.

But as I've stated before ill more then likely ahoot some of you a PM, and probably give jbett98 a call, when i do get my .300 and "hopefully" (fingers crossed) it'll be towards the end of the month.

So thanks again everyone.

Oh one more question. How long does it usually take to receive tour tax stamp?

Any barrel over 9.5" (10.5" is good too) as powders burn in approx 9.5" of barrel because you are using magnum pistol powders or small amounts of rifle powder.

Subsonics are 200gr+, most common around 220-ish.

Best bet is in a bolt rifle.

Hey NWFA Community,

Im thinking about getting a stock .300blk very soon. And want to know what would all the steps be for suppressing it. New to the whole suppression world.

So i would need the "baby steps" to doing so. If you guys could help me out and walk me though it that would be great!

Thanks
Koda
Decide on the can you want. If you can find it in stock at an in state dealer, the transfer time will be shorter. If you are torn between 2 cans, get the one that is available in stock.

Pay for the can. The dealer should help you fill out form 4 paperwork. It really isn't all that difficult. With the upcoming changes in class 3 transfer requirement, I'd seriously consider going the individual route. After ruling 41P takes effect, you will no longer have to get the CLEO to sign off on your purchase.

Send in the completed form (2 copies printed front and back) and the $200 check.

Wait until the dealer calls you to tell you the stamp has arrived. Wait times can be quite varied, like 3 to 6 months.

I have a Bowers Vers-9s can for my full auto M11/9. It is also rated for subsonic 300 blk. The newer version of baffles is now rated for supersonic rounds. I'd really like to get a 300 blk bolt gun and shoot subsonic rounds. I'm sure that would make me giggle just like shooting one of my suppressed .22's does.

Well awesome news! My rifle is in the mail :D
Now becomes, what it seems like. The long process of getting it suppressed! :)

But it seems like im going to have some awesome help from a few amazing members of this community getting through the whole process. So just want to say thank you!

Also quick question. Where is the best place, or if someone can make me. Some subsonic rounds that will cycle.

Thanks! Here a picture of her also :D

2016-01-11 13.19.19.jpg

2016-01-11 13.19.19.jpg

Hello Community,

Got another question for everyone. Can someone send me a link for where i can get cheap rounds, and also some reliable subsonic rounds that will cycle.

Thanks again!
Koda

Hey guys. Have another question. I have a leopold mark ar 1 1.5-4mm firedot on my 223. But was wondering if i could put that on my new 300? Or if it would throw off the zero or mess up the mounts or something like that? Or would it be alright to put on the 300?

Thanks
Koda

Select the one you want and then pay for it in full. A family gun trust might be a good idea before the regulations start up and then you submit your form 4 and wait.

Okay guys! Got my 300blk!!! Now whats the first thing i can do to start my suppressing process?
Do you have a dealer you are working with to get your can? If not, I recommend contacting Jason at JC Weaponry. His prices are hard to beat and he provides 1st class service. He can walk you thru the hole process. His phone number is (360) 909-2115 He is in Newberg even though his phone number area code is from WA.

Do you have a dealer you are working with to get your can? If not, I recommend contacting Jason at JC Weaponry. His prices are hard to beat and he provides 1st class service. He can walk you thru the hole process. His phone number is (360) 909-2115 He is in Newberg even though his phone number area code is from WA.

:s0101:

I'd recommend Jason as well, he is very informative and won't beat around the bush to get you to buy the most expensive can. He'll let you know what's best for your application.

I've noticed you are running a pistol gas length system. I hope you have an adjustable gas block as there will be an overgassing issue(increased dwell time) dependent on your gas port size.

I'm a fan of Ozark Ordnance for 300 blackout ammo. Not the cheapest out there but both super and sub has ran through my 8" 300 blackout with no issues.

I would suggest saving up money to invest in another scope for your 300 blackout and leaving the Leupold on the 223 rifle. But you can toss that Leupold on the rifle. It wont harm the rifle but i'm sure the zero will be thrown off. So you will need to rezero the scope on your 300 blackout.

S&G ammo is supposed to start carrying s&b subs by the case at very reasonable prices in a month or two.

I have a 10.5" SBR 300 that I use exclusively with subs and an octane 9HD can. Works awesome. With the JP silent captured spring it's silky smooth. Super fun to shoot. Got my can through silencer shop. Quick and easy.

Ive got 7.5", 8.5" , 10.2" and 16" SBR's and rifles. For subsonic work use the shortest barrel you can find. It truly doesnt matter how long the barrel is with subs. My 7.5 cycles as good as any gun Ive got. If you are shooting supers and you want the velocity go for the longer barrel but if you done NEED it to go 2200 FPS don't worry about it. Go short.

497p5B.jpg

Pistol schmistol. A person asking these sorts of questions shouldn't be encouraged to build an AR pistol, which have really limited utility except for the way they get an owner around a $200 stamp (pretty cheap in the long run). A short-barreled rifle is often better than a long-barreled pistol. If someone is willing to go to the trouble of buying a suppressor, what trouble is it to stamp your lower?

I dont know. I like the fact that I CAN keep my .300lbk AR pistol in the car with me LOADED! You cant do that with an SBR. Think about how much better off you are exiting your car with an AR pistol defending yourself than you are with a hand gun.

@wired What sort of ammo are you using on that 7.5" SBR? The YouTubes is filled with people testing efficacy of pistol rounds into ballistic gel all over the place. But defensive 300BLK subs is really hard to find. Until I see more of that, see what bullet can be trusted to cause a threat to stop, I'd rather stay with a suppressed 5.56 out of a 16" barrel...or my suppressed Glock 22.

I don't do armchair commando. If you like fast zippy rounds stay with that. My 7.5 barrel cycles everything I put in it. I tailor the subsonic stuff to 1100 fps or less with 220 through 240 grain. If I'm going to ventilate someone in my home they'll get a brain full of 45. Rifles have their place but discharging an AR In my home is never ever going to happen. It's OK to have more than one gun

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top