JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently have a Ruger Ranch in 300blk. It's fun, I don't shoot it a ton, and when I do, I tend to single load it. It's a back up rifle to my primary (300blk AR). I'm considering SBRing it.
I'm also considering moving on from it in favor of a break down, single shot and SBRing that.
Aside from "both" is there a better option between the two routes?

I have the ruger ranch in 5.56 and really like it for coyotes, been watching for a 300blk one to test out for subsonics.

I have been really happy with my 300blk with adjustable gas block that also has an off position. It is very quiet when used like that. At this point you might want to consider a break action pistol in 300blk. I thought the idea of a T/C contender in 300blk would be a nice package. Plus, until this legislation gets overturned getting SBR will be difficult/impossible.

Single shot will have a shorter OAL due to not having a magazine to feed from.

You may even find a 16" single shot will be 'short enough' to not bother with the tax stamp.
I hadn't thought about that. I would be open to that idea as well. But when I consider adding the suppressor, I'll probably go SBR anyway
I have the ruger ranch in 5.56 and really like it for coyotes, been watching for a 300blk one to test out for subsonics.

I have been really happy with my 300blk with adjustable gas block that also has an off position. It is very quiet when used like that. At this point you might want to consider a break action pistol in 300blk. I thought the idea of a T/C contender in 300blk would be a nice package. Plus, until this legislation gets overturned getting SBR will be difficult/impossible.
With my understanding of the new law is that I'll be pretty ok with a bolt or single shot. But further, people are still getting SBR approvals for the brace "rule."

The pistol route wouldn't be awful either.

Plus, until this legislation gets overturned getting SBR will be difficult/impossible.
It applies to a semi-auto. There's nothing stopping anyone from doing a F1 on any other action types.

But further, people are still getting SBR approvals for the brace "rule."
This only applies to firearms owned prior to the rule going into effect. If you're buying something new, You'll need to pay the stamp tax.

This only applies to firearms owned prior to the rule going into effect. If you're buying something new, You'll need to pay the stamp tax
Yup. I'm aware I'll have to pay the tax should I want anything outside the purview of the brace rule.

I was just stating that SBRs are still being approved in Washington state after the passing of HB 1240. It could be that they are getting passed due to possession prior to the signing. But my understanding is that it all goes into effect with immediate effect

I have a 8" barreled 300 blk AR15 and a 10" barreled Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk.
I shoot the bolt action way as I can run any load through it and not have to try and make it cycle.
Ruger with a 10" X-caliber barrel on it.
REoAPfz.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top