JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm back to find an accurate load for a 300BLK pistol. I'm only interested in suppressed subsonic handloads. My barrel is a unknown brand, 7 1/2" 1:8 twist. My handloads with 2 weights/brands of coated bullets and some 200 nosler jacketed and some remington factory have all shot over 2" at 50yrds, most around 3". So far only used 4227 but just bought a can of 1680. Function is good, velocity is in a good range. So...should I just keep trying different load recipies/bullets or buy a new quality barrel with 1:7? Other ideas?

i use 1680 exclusively for 300blk. ive had good luck with around 10.8- 11gr of 1680 and a 208gr hornady bthp match bullet. ive also been using the berrys 220gr 300blk bullets. they shoot well too. i do increase the powder charge slightly for 220gr. i believe around 11.3-11.5 ish.

my barrel is a 1:7 10" ballistic advantage

Thanx...may I ask what accuracy you've been getting with these?
good groups 50yards and in. around 2"-3" at 100 with the hornadys BUT i am using a 2moa red dot with no magnifier. this particular gun never was intended to shoot super tight groups but 2"-3" at 100 is good enough for me. i can consistantly hit a 8" plate at 100 yards free hand

Back at the range resting today using 1680 and 3 bullets. 200gr Coated Eggleston 308 dia, 220gr coated leatherhead and 208 A Max pulled from factory ammo. Both coated bullets shot 3" or bigger groups at 50yrd.. The A Max load put 6 inside an inch and 4 were touching,
Clearly my barrel does not like coated...and I found 4 holes that showed keyholeing. Also intersting was velocity from the chrono. 11grns 1680 clocked right at 1030 with A Max. Same charge behing both coated bullets were 150fps slower ..Have not figured that out yet but I know the chrono has trouble picking up the coated bullets...maybe the dull surface?
I was hoping to find and inexpensive coated bullet for this pistol but maybe just pay for the A Max or maybe try plated? Anyone shoot plated with good results.

I do not shoot subsonic but have found that 1680 seems the best . 2 inch groups at 100yds 180 gr speer bullet . As for barrel tried a few and all seem close to same for accuracy . Right now I am playing with a 16 in 1x8 twist classic arms barrel with a superlative adjustable gas block 4 power acog

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top