JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Ruger american ranch in .300 blackout.
Been reloading for a long time but this will be my first go at the 300 bo
the plan is to run everything through a suppressor that should be here wed.
Picked up some 220gr hornady and have some 240gr cast on the way.

Would like to hear what other guys are having luck with in the way of sub loads.

I got a Ruger American Ranch in .300Blk for Christmas as well.. I've only put 40 factory rounds through it so far, but I am happy with it. With the Sico Omega, it's very quiet.
Search on Google or Yahoo for "www.dayattherange.com" -the guy has several great pages on reloading for the 300blk, both supers and subs. And he's a fan of the Ranch rifle. I haven't read every page, just a quick look and I bookmarked it for later. I haven't started reloading yet, but I plan to soon. Sorry I don't have any real world reloading advice but I do hope this helps!

I got my RAR out on fri only shot it at 50yrds.
125gr NBT shot one ragged hole,220gr NR shot about 1" with my lightest load of 9.0grs of H-110.

Hey, Mr.Revolverguy is here!! What are you doing hanging out in the NW? Welcome!!

To clarify for others, Mr.Revolverguy is the author responsible for the "A day at the range" blog/article that I referenced earlier..

I've been really happy using 1680 and WC680 powder for subs.
My RARR doesn't like to feed the broad metplat cast bullets... and even has trouble with the lighter, pointier 203 grain cast pills. The bullets pop up and hit the flat above the chamber and hang up. I haven't figured out a fix yet.

Mine LOVES the 110 grain TacTx bullets loaded super, close to max over H110. Sweet cloverleaf groups.

Had mine out friday getting jams with 5rds in the mag none with 3rds, just heard ruger is pulling back the 300 BO because of all the problems light primer strikes and feed problems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top