JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I am wanting to build a 300blk and I want it to be as short as possible. I'm looking at an (8.something") barrel I think an 8.3 ballistic advantage. With a pistol length gas system. I want it to be as reliable as possible. What do you guys suggest? Should I find a slightly longer barrel? Or is that a good length to reliability barrel? Thanks for any help!

IMHO 8.3" Balistics Advantage Hansen barrel is an Excellent choice. Maybe even the best choice.
I have one in Scarlett and she has been extremely reliable with Supers, Subs, Suppressed and all.. My very favorite firearm that rarely isn't within arms reach. She even has a Law folder so she'll fit in my go bag....

300 Blackout is a pistol cartridge dressed up in a rifle case. It uses fast burning pistol powders that are burned up in the first 9" of barrel. Any velocity, accuracy gains past that 9" are minimal. The only reason for going with a longer barrel is for legalities(stock, forgrips etc.)...
If I were to build another one for myself I'd actually like to try a 4-5" barrel... just for fun;).
. E74FBEB2-DC1D-4A85-B38E-FFFA357B7E86.jpeg

Last Edited:
My 8" 300 BLK runs great with supers or subs with a suppressor.
If you want to shoot heavy subs get a very fast twist barrel.

I do not have as many rounds downrange with my 300blk build with a 9" BA barrel as some of my 223/5.56 builds but I have seen no evidence to suggest reliability is worse. At 8.3 you still have enough length to burn most of the powder in the cartridge.

Ive buit a few SBR's and pistols. The only reliability issue I ever had was shooting subsonics out of a 10" Daniel Defense top end. My el cheapo Anderson 7" and unknown manufacturer 8" all ran 100% on whatever got thrown into the gun.

I just got my 10.3" put together, and it seems that it won't latch open with supersonic, unsuppressed rounds. Cycles perfectly, but won't latch. It's got a Spyke ST-T2 buffer in it now, I ordered an ST-T1 to try next. Haven't tried it with the can on it yet. My guess is it'll work great with the can on it, but ideally, it'd run sub / supersonic, can or no can. That's the goal. What are you guys running..?? Any other suggestions for a 300BLK noob...??

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top