JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
agbrownmc,

Thanks for the post and all the data. I just recently started loading for the 300 Blackout and finding load data on the CFE BLK is next to impossible. Even Hodgdon doesn't have a minimum starting point.

My findings are much different than yours. I started loading between 12.1 and 13.0 and got speeds between 1109 adn 1332. Supressed and uncrimped. So, I went the other way and loaded 11.0 up to 11.9. Still, the speeds were supersonic.1118 up to 1241. Temperature and barometric pressures were amost identical.

My question is how low can I go and still be safe? I am thinking about loading between 10.0 and 11.0 with the next batch. I want everything to be subsonic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

agbrownmc,

Thanks for the post and all the data. I just recently started loading for the 300 Blackout and finding load data on the CFE BLK is next to impossible. Even Hodgdon doesn't have a minimum starting point.

My findings are much different than yours. I started loading between 12.1 and 13.0 and got speeds between 1109 adn 1332. Supressed and uncrimped. So, I went the other way and loaded 11.0 up to 11.9. Still, the speeds were supersonic.1118 up to 1241. Temperature and barometric pressures were amost identical.

My question is how low can I go and still be safe? I am thinking about loading between 10.0 and 11.0 with the next batch. I want everything to be subsonic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sub sonic load data starts at max and they expect you to load down until you hit your target velocity.

So I've been search this forum as well as various other forums and the data I'm finding varies. I'm starting to load 300 blackout and have some questions on powder loads.

I have CFE BLK (I know may not be the best powder) but it's what I have for now.

I have Berrys 220 gr bullets and I'm loading them at 2.172 O.A.L. crimped.

My question is what should my starting powder drop be, I've seen some say 11 grains and some 12.2 etc. I want subsonic loads and I'm using a 9" BCM upper suppressed. I'm not hunting, just using it out at the range so looking for as much quietness as I can get. Not shooting anything over 100 yards either.

I appreciate any and all input, I will be getting A1680 in the future after I burn through my CFE BLK powder.

So I've been search this forum as well as various other forums and the data I'm finding varies. I'm starting to load 300 blackout and have some questions on powder loads.

I have CFE BLK (I know may not be the best powder) but it's what I have for now.

I have Berrys 220 gr bullets and I'm loading them at 2.172 O.A.L. crimped.

My question is what should my starting powder drop be, I've seen some say 11 grains and some 12.2 etc. I want subsonic loads and I'm using a 9" BCM upper suppressed. I'm not hunting, just using it out at the range so looking for as much quietness as I can get. Not shooting anything over 100 yards either.

I appreciate any and all input, I will be getting A1680 in the future after I burn through my CFE BLK powder.
Start at 12.2 and work your way down in .2 or .3 grain increments until you're happy with sound and performance.

Sounds good, I'll give it a try. What is the preferred powder besides CFE BLK?
I use a surplus powder called W680 which is very similar to AA1680, it just has more flash suppressant. I get great performance and bolt lock with right under 12.0 grains from a 10" barrel. Your mileage WILL vary. CFE BLK isn't BAD- it just isn't the end all, be all of suppressed 300blk powders.

IMR 4227 works pretty well in BLK subs, if you have any around. That's pretty much what I've settled on for my 2 shortie ARs and my 16" RARR. AA 1680 (ThunderPowder) is still king for best subsonic reliability in ARs, but it is too loud. 4227 gets reliable bolt lock back at subsonic velocities.

From aac website.
1694378243555.png

I think that H110 is the quietest pistol powder.
It's also the most consistent.
I4227 is the next go to for quiet pistol/rifle powder.

However, my mouse fart loads are Alliant Red Dot. Great for heavy 220's and stupid quiet for 147's but large spread SD.

Red dot is noticeably quieter than the quietest sub you have heard using standard powders

Sounds good, I'll give it a try. What is the preferred powder besides CFE BLK?

I think that H110 is the quietest pistol powder.
It's also the most consistent.
I4227 is the next go to for quiet pistol/rifle powder.

However, my mouse fart loads are Alliant Red Dot. Great for heavy 220's and stupid quiet for 147's but large spread SD.

Red dot is noticeably quieter than the quietest sub you have heard using standard powders
H110 is pretty damn loud at 22gr under 125gr in .357

H110 is a fast burning clean powder. Meant for complete burn in short barrel pistol applications. There is a huge difference in 22 grains 357 revolver loads and sound signature vs 9 grains behind a 220 grain 300bo with a suppressor.
Are you sure it wasn't designed for the .30 carbine with a 110gr fmj just under 2000fps?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top