JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
oh boy, equals 9mm performance and you can get 12 rounds in the shield, whoopee! I can get 17, 9mm in my p89 with one in the pipe. and .327 ain't all that hard to find, just gotta keep after it. picked up 250 last week to go with the 400 I had already.

So 30 carbine short? with my 125gr 30 carbine loads in my Rugar Blackhawk I am getting right around 1800 - 18050fps depending on load.

As far as I am concerned the only upside for me is the possibility of a couple new bullets available in .308" that would fit a firearm using .30 carbine. The super hard to find Speer 125gr FPHP (which was designed for the tube fed 30-30's ) is in my opinion the best slug for anything but plinking in a M1 or the few handguns in .30 carbine.

Got to sell more guns!

Invent a problem, invent the solution.

Gun companies can really resemble politicians at times.

So 30 carbine short? with my 125gr 30 carbine loads in my Rugar Blackhawk I am getting right around 1800 - 18050fps depending on load.

As far as I am concerned the only upside for me is the possibility of a couple new bullets available in .308" that would fit a firearm using .30 carbine. The super hard to find Speer 125gr FPHP (which was designed for the tube fed 30-30's ) is in my opinion the best slug for anything but plinking in a M1 or the few handguns in .30 carbine.
the 30 super uses .312 bullets

Good observation. It could mean some good low power projectiles for 7.62x39 or .303 - maybe even subsonic.

I'll stick with .38 Super Auto, bigger/heavier bullets, traveling faster. Then there 9mm +P and +P+ available. Just don't see the need for .30 Auto. Sounds to me like this .30 Auto is a solution in need of a problem.

Those Carbine loads sound super-hot. Primers OK? Sticky extraction? Anyway, for eventual .30 Super handloaders (or for hyper-velocity in .30 Carbine), PPU makes a 71 gr. .308 HP that should go what, 1450 in the Super Carry and 1750-1800 with safe pressure in .30 Carbine with some experimentation. Here compared to an ancient Herter's 110 gr. "Hunting" bullet.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 12.27.24 PM.png
IMG_3251.JPG

Last Edited:
Theres nothing "super" about this. They shoulda called it the 30 Compact since thats what their trying to solve.

So let me get this straight.

350 legend is released using the wrong bullet sizes, the consumers let them know how badly they screwed up.

Year or two goes by…

Now they release another new caliber, and again use uncommon sized bullets?

What are they smoking?

Those Carbine loads sound super-hot. Primers OK? Sticky extraction? Anyway, for eventual .30 Super handloaders (or for hyper-velocity in .30 Carbine), PPU makes a 71 gr. .308 HP that should go what, 1450 in the Super Carry and 1750-1800 with safe pressure in .30 Carbine with some experimentation. Here compared to an ancient Herter's 110 gr. "Hunting" bullet.

View attachment 1102056
View attachment 1102057
Absolutely no problem with either pistol or Carbine. The extra 15grains of lead over the std military load is not a problem at all in the carbine. The std military load in the carbine is 1990fps with a 110 gr round nose FMJ. I'm getting 1900-1920 in the carbine with the 125gr slugs.

I double checked my chrono data for the pistol load and its coming in at about 1575-1600fps TOO MANY NUMBERS IN MY HEAD

Anyone attempting this should work up their own loads I will not share load data. It works for me and mine how it works for someone else I have no idea.

So if the new round uses a .312 slug its of no use to me at all. OH WELL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top