JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't find ballistics for it yet, but one person did mention 100gr at 1200 fps.

If that is all it can do, I don't see much advantage over 9x19 which can do 124gr @ 1200 fps - except it is supposed to be able to stack more cartridges in a double stack mag.

The Federal website you linked shows a 100 grain projectile achieving a velocity of 1250 fps. The smaller case allows for an increase of +2 capacity in a standard 9mm sized double-stack magazine.

I will give them credit for pairing up with S&W to have a readily available and popular handgun configuration chambered in the new cartridge!

I can't find ballistics for it yet, but one person did mention 100gr at 1200 fps.

If that is all it can do, I don't see much advantage over 9x19 which can do 124gr @ 1200 fps - except it is supposed to be able to stack more cartridges in a double stack mag.
Powerwise, .32 H&R Magnum in a semi. As to "revolutionary" claims, I think that quite a few 7.62 Tokarev users would argue - but this will go in a .380 platform, am guessing.

Now is a lousy time to introduce the latest greatest whiz bang round. Who in their right mind is going to add an obscure caliber to their collection when ammo for the firearms they currently own is in short supply? As much as I'd like to, I still can't bring myself to plunge into the world of .327 Federal.

Can it be the most ubiquitous centerfire pistol cartridge in the U.S.?
I doubt it. I applaud the innovation but I dont see millions of 9mm owners switching over to gain 2 extra rounds. Federal is reaching far on this one, I think over the 100ish years now we've squeezed the most capacity we can out of a practical compact gun... the 9mm.
Maybe what someone needs to do is reinvent a .25 cal semi auto cartridge and push it to exceed 9mm energy and terminal performance with a new powder technology that doesn't kick? I dunno but the capacity would be significant enough.

While I have no interest in most new calibers, I do always pull for them to succeed and gain a foothold in the market. More options are always better, especially in times like these!

For example, 2020-2021 was a buyers market (relatively) for anyone shooting 224 Valkyrie. The same could be said for calibers like 6.5 Grendel and 327 Magnum; though they were definitely inflated in price like the popular calibers, they were readily available online, and not as inflated relative to their starting price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top