JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from the Puyallup show and grabbed one of the pamphlets on the multi-state concealed carry permit program... the total package for 30+ states is $1200. I'm curious how many have taken this training and what you think about the legal aspects. In other words, is the reciprocity laws really what is advertised and free of asterisks and clauses that, should one get cited for legally carrying in one of the states, leave the permit holder not worth the paper its printed on?

Since we plan to RV travel, it's something I've been looking into... pretty good chunk of change and would like to know it's worth it. Anyone have personal experience?

1st, Get your own states Concealed license. Then get the Utah endorsement. After that I went and saw Sheriff Palmer and got my Oregon CHL. Between all 3 I'm in it right about $250 because I took a class for $90 to fulfill the training aspect for Utah and Oregon. $1250??? I can carry concealed in 32 or 33 states.
Dont get ripped off!

+1 on everything above. Between Your home state, UT, and AZ permits you should be covered in 2/3 of the states you go to. If you need more, check the usacarry.com site and adjust your route accordingly. ;)

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Just got back from the Puyallup show and grabbed one of the pamphlets on the multi-state concealed carry permit program... the total package for 30+ states is $1200. I'm curious how many have taken this training and what you think about the legal aspects. In other words, is the reciprocity laws really what is advertised and free of asterisks and clauses that, should one get cited for legally carrying in one of the states, leave the permit holder not worth the paper its printed on?

Since we plan to RV travel, it's something I've been looking into... pretty good chunk of change and would like to know it's worth it. Anyone have personal experience?

I have WA, OR and UT permits, that covers some 36 states and I didn't pay anywhere near that amount! And, I have mine for the very same reason. Have a nice 41' motorhome that needs using!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Last Edited:
Just got a letter in the mail today from the Utah BCI. Told me they will have a new application next week and to inform my students ASAP that the new out of state fee for Utah is now $49. Feds lowered the cost to run prints. Gotta love Utah.

If you are a Washington Resident with a Utah & Oregon Endorsement you are legal in:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
(33 states):cool:

I don't CC all the time,but wanted to be able to have my gun loaded while traveling .
So in WA a loaded gun in the vehicle is ,of course a CCW.Most of the states that except the Utah permit,a loaded gun in the vehicle is just that.Nothing more.You do need the permit if you CC while out of the vehicle though.
Now that was 5 years ago so some of the states may have changed their views on guns in vehicles .
But as others have stated,$1200 is way out of line

I'd like to know who the heck is charging $1200 for "multi-state carry" when all you need is a Utah non resident permit that is good for about 33 states all by itself? I have an Oregon and a Utah non-res and they were less than $300 all together.

I don't CC all the time,but wanted to be able to have my gun loaded while traveling .
So in WA a loaded gun in the vehicle is ,of course a CCW.Most of the states that except the Utah permit,a loaded gun in the vehicle is just that.Nothing more.You do need the permit if you CC while out of the vehicle though.
Now that was 5 years ago so some of the states may have changed their views on guns in vehicles .
But as others have stated,$1200 is way out of line

Ok, a motor home is considered a moving house in most states so you can have a loaded gun inside your "home" but you need to check out the laws! SAF is really good about posting other states laws but you have some homework to do

Start by looking at where you are intending to go:

Nevada ?
Florida ?

Also - for RV Travel - get your dry counties maps ready. If you have a beer in the fridge and drive on the interstate into a dry county - you are breaking the law. Also have a firearm and you could be looking at a felony.

And, check your knives.

I know - just don't come to the attention of law enforcement. But there are certain highways where the police just "know" there are drugs being transported and out of state plates are one of the markers for that activity.

Lots to think about for RV travel.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Ok, a motor home is considered a moving house in most states so you can have a loaded gun inside your "home" but you need to check out the laws! SAF is really good about posting other states laws but you have some homework to do
While in motion your RV is considered a vehicle, just like any other vehicle. When you stop for the night in a campground and hooked up to utilities it becomes a "home". Parking over night in a parking lot like at Wal*Mart with no hookups is a grey area as you are still able to move out quickly.

I've been RV'ing since 1957 and have been stopped only once and that was here in Vancouver. Doing 70 in a 60 and the last one in line. Just told me my license sticker was outdated, which it was. Nothing said about the speed though. No ticket either.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

If you are a Washington Resident with a Utah & Oregon Endorsement you are legal in:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
(33 states):cool:

Judas Priest... I'm glad I asked! The outfit at the WAC show has been offering this multi state CC endorsement for several years now. I have a WA CC license and the reason I'm looking into this is exactly what several have already mentioned; extended RV travel.

So for those states not covered while out on the road, how do you handle that?

Also, using the interactive state "reciprocity" map, it does not look like adding OR provides any additional coverage beyond OR itself?
Yup the OR endorsement just gives you Oregon but I ride into Oregon allot and hate feeling naked so I got it.
WA used to have reciprocity with Florida but they allow service personnel under 21 to carry off base and our new AG decided that wasn't in accordance with WA laws and cut Florida from our agreement. Florida in turn cut WA.
Nevada used to be included in the Utah endorsement but decided they weren't getting any money from it so they didn't want to play anymore. Nevada will issue like to non-residents like OR I believe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top