JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Internet search does not yield much info. I have 90 pieces of brass and a set of dies. Was curious about history, use, available guns, etc. Should I keep or sell? If I sell what is a reasonable price?

Thanks,

image.jpg

There were a lot of experimental loads/calibers for a couple decades. At one point it was one of the largest groups of the shooting sports in all of pistoldom.

I've still got an old IMHSA loading guide, there was perhaps a half-dozen new .30 cal wildcat loads in common use, not to mention unknown configurations used by just a few. I'll try to find it & see what flavors of .30cal are listed.

I don't know how many IHMSA geezers are still left on the range these days. I ran into an old friend about a year ago, there he was trying out his 41 super mag, IIRC the name of his set up. On Dan Wesson frame, sweet target revolver for 200 yard rams.

Good luck with your quest.

There were a lot of experimental loads/calibers for a couple decades. At one point it was one of the largest groups of the shooting sports in all of pistoldom.

I've still got an old IMHSA loading guide, there was perhaps a half-dozen new .30 cal wildcat loads in common use, not to mention unknown configurations used by just a few. I'll try to find it & see what flavors of .30cal are listed.

I don't know how many IHMSA geezers are still left on the range these days. I ran into an old friend about a year ago, there he was trying out his 41 super mag, IIRC the name of his set up. On Dan Wesson frame, sweet target revolver for 200 yard rams.

Good luck with your quest.
Thank you.

follow up from OP on 30 cal:

Per "Reloading Guide for Handgun Accuracy" 'One of 5,000 copies' July 1982:

Listed in the reloading guide:
.30 IHMSA International; .30 Herrett; .30 Merrill;.30-30 Winchester;
.300 Savage; .308x1.5" ; .308 WInchester

I never used any of the tricky length brass so can't help you on the brass you have on hand. What
is the case die stamping?

follow up from OP on 30 cal:

Per "Reloading Guide for Handgun Accuracy" 'One of 5,000 copies' July 1982:

Listed in the reloading guide:
.30 IHMSA International; .30 Herrett; .30 Merrill;.30-30 Winchester;
.300 Savage; .308x1.5" ; .308 WInchester

I never used any of the tricky length brass so can't help you on the brass you have on hand. What
is the case die stamping?
Sorry, didn't get a chance to look. Endedup selling to a very pleasant NWFA member. He's going to use for 300 savage.

All, thanks for info and time. IHSMA is an interesting topic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top