JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey NWF folks
I just bought a WWII Winchester USGI Carbine and was interested in your estimate of value to buy an 800 round sealed can of M1 Ball ammo?

I'm not likely to be using it soon as the rifle and ammo will be a stash for the lake cabin and will be for the " who knows when' the excrement hits the rotational air disturbance device...
Neve had this caliber or firearm before so a little out of my league.
Thanks for your help...

I have not seen a sealed spam can for a while, but a good steel 50 cal can should keep the ammo safe and dry.

SGAmmo has a can of 1080 rounds on stripper clips for $640 plus shipping

That is actually a pretty good deal for the times.

Be careful of some of the Chinese import ammo in spam cans. It can be incorrectly marked and corrosive.

I have not seen a sealed spam can for a while, but a good steel 50 cal can should keep the ammo safe and dry.

Be careful of some of the Chinese import ammo in spam cans. It can be incorrectly marked and corrosive.
PMC is good ball ammo.

Isn't that Korean stuff questionable? Bad brass for reloading? Something? Just trying to learn.

I have shot some of the Korean surplus and it has been fine. It may not be good for reloading though.

After I got my .30 carbine I bought several 100 rounds of Armscor ammo. I also bought 300 older .30 carb brass at the big OAC show for what seemed a good price. Haven't taken the time yet to process anything accept some of the Armscore brass.

If you're forced into opening a questionable spam can of ammo in exceptionally bad times, corrosive primers might be the least of your problems.

Hoarding pays off? Thought that a certain case of Castol oil was way too heavy. Ah! Turns out I had forgotten about the 1300 rounds of 30 Carbine I had bought, well, back when it was being cleared out for $7.95. Some boxes were marked $5.00.

IMG_3075.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG

If you're forced into opening a questionable spam can of ammo in exceptionally bad times, corrosive primers might be the least of your problems.

Least of your problems until you bug out and use it, then put the gun away dirty because you forgot and ruin it. If I bug out I don't want to have to worry about something like cleaning a gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top