JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a lever action Henry 30-30. I have never shot another brand only held old Winchesters. I notice on the bolt about 1/4 forward it is rubbing on the receiver when actuating the lever open and closed. Is this normal? Seems like the movement should be smooth throughout.

I have a lever action Henry 30-30. I have never shot another brand only held old Winchesters. I notice on the bolt about 1/4 forward it is rubbing on the receiver when actuating the lever open and closed. Is this normal? Seems like the movement should be smooth throughout.
no not where the binding occurs. Wrote Henry Saturday...In the past they have been solid with customer service.

Can you describe it a bit more? I can't really tell what you are trying to detail? Is it coming to a hard stop 1/4 of the way closed? Or 3/4 of the way closed. Rubbing or binding?

At roughly 3/4 of the way closed the locking bars start to actuate. Same when opening the locking bar starts to get out of the way about 1/4 of the levers movement. That could be what you are feeling. Though Henry usually does a good job firing parts, sometimes things are tight.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top