JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Does it shoot reasonably well? Meaning, is it accurate enough to hit a deer or coyote at 75 yards or so with open sights? If so, and you don't mind waiting until early next week to meet (I work the next three days), I'll take it.
I'm off Mon, Tue, and Wed next week.

How long have you owned this gun?

I had one exactly like this about 30 years ago. I think I bought it from the IGA shopper for like $30 And had it for a few years. It shot well.
Think I sold it for $100.
MEMORIES.....

How long have you owned this gun?

I had one exactly like this about 30 years ago. I think I bought it from the IGA shopper for like $30 And had it for a few years. It shot well.
Think I sold it for $100.
MEMORIES.....

I've Had it for about 3 years. Just don't use it enough to justify keeping it.

Does it shoot reasonably well? Meaning, is it accurate enough to hit a deer or coyote at 75 yards or so with open sights? If so, and you don't mind waiting until early next week to meet (I work the next three days), I'll take it.
I'm off Mon, Tue, and Wed next week.

2DaMtns - I kept one of those in an old farm truck around our place when we were in the sheep business. Mine did a good job on predators, coyotes and the like. Never had to shoot more than once out to about 75 yards at a coyote, Deer at 100 yards would be about my limit with those sights and that round.

The nice thing about the bolt is if you reload you can use pointed soft point bullets. Do a search for Pointed bullets in a 30-30 bolt action, or something like that. There are some advantages here that cannot be applied to a tube fed action.
I had a lot of fun shooting lead cast boolits in that old savage and it was good and accurate with most of what it was fed.

Try different rounds on paper @ 50 yards or so for the best groups. If they are shot in at 50yds and are the tightest, they will be the best at 100 yards for accuracy once you level the sights where you like them best.

I hope the seller sees it in your favor.
Good luck

2DaMtns - I kept one of those in an old farm truck around our place when we were in the sheep business. Mine did a good job on predators, coyotes and the like. Never had to shoot more than once out to about 75 yards at a coyote, Deer at 100 yards would be about my limit with those sights and that round.

The nice thing about the bolt is if you reload you can use pointed soft point bullets. Do a search for Pointed bullets in a 30-30 bolt action, or something like that. There are some advantages here that cannot be applied to a tube fed action.
I had a lot of fun shooting lead cast boolits in that old savage and it was good and accurate with most of what it was fed.

Try different rounds on paper @ 50 yards or so for the best groups. If they are shot in at 50yds and are the tightest, they will be the best at 100 yards for accuracy once you level the sights where you like them best.

I hope the seller sees it in your favor.
Good luck

Thanks for the info. I've got an old Win 94 in 30-30 and am aware of the bullet limitations with tube mags. I've always wanted a bolt in 30-30 or a savage 99 so I could play around with some pointed bullets. I also hope to find an aperture sight to put on it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.