JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$168
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Central
State
Oregon
600pc of de-primed 5TW headstamp 30-06 brass.

Would love to trade for small pistol primers, .40 cal bullets, .38 bullets, or 45/70 brass.

$.28/pc or $168 for all of it.

IMG_20160915_111340_zpsrav8gnvn.jpg IMG_20160915_111543_zpsayotzjdl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this is an old thread, but someone bumped to the top today so what the heck …

That's an interesting headstamp since Twin Cities Arsenal (TW) should have a two digit date stamp and all I can see is a single digit of '5'. Has anyone else seen a single digit date stamp with TW?

Depending on the actual date of these cases, that brass may have been fired with corrosive primers. For ball ammo TW's first safe headstamp was '51 and for AP ammo TW's first safe headstamp was '53.

Chlorated primers are much harder on rifle steel than on brass, but there may be internal corrosion on these cases if not rinsed and left to sit for many years.

I have a few pieces with this same head stamp. I found this on a different forum (I was curious myself).

"Only 2 single digit headstamps are common. "4" for 1944 and "5" for 1955."

As for the price (meaning no offense) 15 cents would be a fair price 15 cents shipped would be a good deal.

If you ever drive to Newberg let me know, if I ever come your way I'll hit you up .

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top