JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
pistol: beretta 92F - used for $400
small rifle: 10/22 - new at BiMart $170
500/590 Shotgun - Used for 250

This leaves $180 for ammo.
500rnds - 22lr
100rnds - 9mm
100rnds - mixed shotgun shells

Knife ( <broken link removed> or the new <broken link removed> )
Gun (M44 Mosin Nagant)
Gun (Henry Arms AR-7)

You guys see that new Gerber Bear Survival knife? Bear now uses it on his Man versus Wild show. Got to handle one myself just today...only $59. Comes with a bunch of stuff (survival guide, sharpener, whistle and ferrocium rod). Cool, inexpensive knife. Good sheath as well (the Gerber sheaths have always been the deciding factor on buying their knives for outdoor use).

Not meant to flame or insult but that knife is a pos.
Will see if I can find and link to an independant test of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, but the "knife is a tool" so im not gonna count it is garbage...guns are tools as well from that standpoint...

They're all tools. It's what you do with it that makes it a weapon.
I dont plan on ever using my knife for anything but carving wood and food preparation. On that note, if I'm considering my knife a weapon, then the "3 weapons" would be rounded out by my spork and camping cookware.

A weapon is a tool that would be primarily used for defense or hunting, neither of which my knife would be used for.

A rock is just a rock, but the second you pick it up and use it for defense or hunting purposes, it's a weapon.
Some people may plan on using their knife as a weapon. I do not.

They're all tools. It's what you do with it that makes it a weapon.
I dont plan on ever using my knife for anything but carving wood and food preparation. On that note, if I'm considering my knife a weapon, then the "3 weapons" would be rounded out by my spork and camping cookware.

A weapon is a tool that would be primarily used for defense or hunting, neither of which my knife would be used for.

A rock is just a rock, but the second you pick it up and use it for defense or hunting purposes, it's a weapon.

"weapon:
&#8211;noun
1.any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon. "

so my guns aren't weapons...i'm only using them for hunting...and you would die before using your knife for self defense...interesting

"weapon:
&#8211;noun
1.any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon. "

so my guns aren't weapons...i'm only using them for hunting...

The second you fire a gun at a living animal, it's a weapon.
1weap·on
noun \&#712;we-p&#601;n\
Definition of WEAPON
: something used to injure, defeat, or destroy
: a means of contending against another

different defs from different dictionaries...so its up for interpretation? and yeah, like i said "you would die before using your knife for self defense...interesting..."

I would swing my backpack at someone in self defense before dying. At that time I would be using it as a weapon. That doesnt mean I have to list my backpack as one of my three weapons.

Anything can be used as a weapon, that doesnt mean everything is inherently a weapon. It's all in how you use it.

Using your logic, my first two weapons would have to be my fists. If we're limited to three weapons, I'd have to amputate one of my feet.

that my friend is a slippery slope...i just think its foolish to say that a knife is NOT a weapon...to say that a stick is not a weapon is one thing but as soon as one fashions a club that is another...now if you are going to take a small folding 2 bladed old timer i will give you that, THAT is a tool...while my becker BK2 IS A TOOL it must be considered a WEAPON as well...that is all i'm sayin... :)
View attachment 190663
View attachment 190664

Several people said my knife/ multi- purpose tool doesn't count. Better watch out for LEO cuz when he asks if you have any weapons on you and he finds your Leatherman with super sharp blades, you'll just have earned yourself a shiny set of bracelets and free ride to the station.

I want to see some of you guys hump all day with a rifle, shotgun and pistol along with a backpack/BOB and all the ammo you need or think you need for each in that bag. Dont forget about the water in the bag or hydration pack figured in the weight too. I think my fat arse could out pack some of the suggested stuff so far. Be kind on the comments it's not my fault you didnt think outside the box...............LOL

Not to be rude but it doesn't say you need to bug out with it, personally my out of shape butt plans on staying at home except as a last resort.
My choices would be (for less than $1000)
used Remington 870 or Mos. 500 about $250 no more than $300
used Ruger p95 $275
Romanian WASR 10 AK-47 $409 + shipping/transfer fees
Peace of mind after SHTF, priceless....

Not to be rude but it doesn't say you need to bug out with it, personally my out of shape butt plans on staying at home except as a last resort.
My choices would be (for less than $1000)
used Remington 870 or Mos. 500 about $250 no more than $300
used Ruger p95 $275
Romanian WASR 10 AK-47 $409 + shipping/transfer fees
Peace of mind after SHTF, priceless....
......................................................................................................
So what part of "Bug out and hit the road" did you not read?

3 weapons $1000 budget. What should every man have when the SHTF?
That's the question.

Tell me what 3 weapons ( don't all have to be guns) every guy needs if he has to bug-out and hit the road. Need to consider protection and survival.

......................................................................................................
So what part of "Bug out and hit the road" did you not read?

3 weapons $1000 budget. What should every man have when the SHTF?
That's the question.

Tell me what 3 weapons ( don't all have to be guns) every guy needs if he has to bug-out and hit the road. Need to consider protection and survival.

Yep sorry, your right, I just got the Bold part stuck in my head, and over looked the rest. I am still gonna stick to my 3 suggestions. I fall into the camp that a knife (although a weapon too) is a tool. But before I took a knife I would take my tomahawk. I cant think of anything that a knife can do that a tomahawk can't and you get the added benefits of an ax without much more weight.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top