JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the question.

Tell me what 3 weapons ( don't all have to be guns) every guy needs if he has to bug-out and hit the road. Need to consider protection and survival.

Sidearm:
Used Glock 22 - 399.00
Drop in wolf 9mm barrel for glock 22 100.00 (ammo multi task; and .40 seems to be common)

Or

Used ruger P95 or similar (cheaper, ugly but reliable)

Small bore rifle:
.22 LR rifle - 150-200 for squirrels and such.

and or/

Used multi purpose pump shotgun 200-300 bucks if you look around (I'd stay away from "tactical" shotguns" so you can multi task with this badboy.)

Total group a about 1000 bucks.

or rock bottom sort of kit:
cz 82 (.380 if you can get it rather than the ruski caliber) cheap well made
230 bucks.

nagant 120 bucks (and no magazines to add) kinda hit or miss I hear, and probably no chance of getting ammo once you're out.

A .22 of some sort, if you look around, you may be able to score a marlin for 100-150 bucks or a bi mart 10-22 for about 200.00 new.

Group B 450-500 bucks; and you have money for some smokes and brewskies, cause what good is facing an apocalypse whitout a few brewskies.

sorry if its a little flip, but you do have options at that budget, don't forget the bullets. :s0155:

Hmm......not planning to bug out. Will hangout at home. But for those road warriors among you, I'd go with: 10/22, 12ga with assorted rounds for game and defense, a handgun of choice. Not including any knife since I see them as a tool, but an essential tool.

SHTF no B/O:
Reliable 9mm pistol for concealable self defense. Browning, Glock, Beretta, CZ etc. (high-point and Jennings need not apply)
12 ga pump for HD (W/slugs and buckshot) and birdshot for small game/birds.
.308 semi, pump or bolt rifle for longer range SD and bigger game. (may substitute other calibers if you have enough ca$h left over for a large qty of ammo.)

In an "on foot" B/O situation the .22 should be considered for the ability to carry massive quantities of ammo. I would substitute it for the SG, only because I wouldn't want to carry that much 12Ga ammo. (huff'n and puff'n)

I paid 360.00 for my Ak, 179.00 for my 10/22 Ruger and 300.00 for my gen 1 Glock 17. Plus ammo is under 1000.00 Those are what I would take, all of them fire every time and the ammo is easy to find and cheap.

SKS $325 + 250rds $50 =$375

Glock 22 $300 + 50rds $15 = $315

Ruger Target 22/45 $260 + 1,000rds $40 = $990

Being honest I think most people don't realize they could be well prepared for as little as $1,000. Small price to pay for piece of mind. And a lot of people who've posted forgot the $1,000 limit on EVERYTHING. Great discussion topic!

Knife ( <broken link removed> or the new <broken link removed> )
Gun (M44 Mosin Nagant)
Gun (Henry Arms AR-7)

You guys see that new Gerber Bear Survival knife? Bear now uses it on his Man versus Wild show. Got to handle one myself just today...only $59. Comes with a bunch of stuff (survival guide, sharpener, whistle and ferrocium rod). Cool, inexpensive knife. Good sheath as well (the Gerber sheaths have always been the deciding factor on buying their knives for outdoor use).

Okay, I am going to be buying one of these if I can find one to check out.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, but the "knife is a tool" so im not gonna count it is garbage...guns are tools as well from that standpoint...
Knives are definitely weapons. Especially when lashed to a stick and used as a spear. Just ask a few million cave bears. Oh wait, you can't. They were hunted to extinction by men with tools on a stick. :)

Plus, knives do not run out of bullets.

bear is a SELLOUT!!!! that knife is JUNK!!!! i pitty the fool the thinks otherwise! chinese garbage steel, not full tang...he does not use this, nor should anyone else stake their life on this pile!!! I'm sure he's thinking: "if i can sell these to a million idiots i'll make 59 million dollars!" right after i free climb down this 100' waterfall...following survivor man = getting yourself killed...but i guess its better than a sharp rock...maybe :s0154:

bear is a SELLOUT!!!! that knife is JUNK!!!! i pitty the fool the thinks otherwise! chinese garbage steel, not full tang...he does not use this, nor should anyone else stake their life on this pile!!! I'm sure he's thinking: "if i can sell these to a million idiots i'll make 59 million dollars!" right after i free climb down this 100' waterfall...following survivor man = getting yourself killed...but i guess its better than a sharp rock...maybe :s0154:
Are you sure it is not a full tang? Why would anyone produce a survival knife that was not full tang?

yeah im sure...i broke my cousins to show him how crappy it is :D and that is a GREAT question...i think the answer is here:"if i can sell these to a million idiots i'll make 59 million dollars!"

What a piece of junk. Should have known when I saw who was promoting it. That guy is a total fraud. He is a total media creation. You have to love a "survivalist" who gets taken via helicopter to the nearest hotel as soon as the cameras turn off.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top