JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Savage/Stevens 22-20 (or 22-12) (they even make a 30-30/12) gauge over under, a small hand gun no smaller than 9mm/38sp/.357 & one of those multi-tools or a good folder. But then again a K-Bar sound good too.

I have thought about the stevens over and under in a .22/.410 or 30-30/12 guage i think its a good idea but i'm going with...

Khukhri
Thompson contender G2
Gp-100

then the cost and weight comes down to how many barrels can I carry/buy...23 to choose from
Dang I don't know..
I'll probably end up with sharp pointy stick with my luck:)

1. Pick axe/trenching tool (half axe, half pick) $50
2. Marine Corps Village Blacksmith (a heavy, blunt, short bladed machete/knife) $125
3. M1 carbine $650 (thats what I paid for the carbine 12 years ago, todays prices, have no idea)

1. Cheap AR15 $600 or less
2. $400 or more of ammo
3. Training

3 guns for $1,000? Very difficult to do with quality guns, I would rather have one fully stocked gun with lots of ammo and training, but i am just thinking outside of the box.

So your going to carry $400 worth of 223?

Three weapons? $1000? "Bug out" as in spending time on foot, carrying a pack, and going who knows where? Ok...

Glock 19 ($500)
Kel Tec Sub 2000 in Glock 9mm configuration ($400)
Marlin 795 (under $100 after rebate)

Guess I would forgo the knife since I would prefer to bring my gun to a knife fight. My Swiss Army and Leatherman tools will have to suffice.

I don't have a Sub 2000 but eventually will when I find one for a fair price.

my mossberg 12ga. Rem.597 .22 rifle. double bit axe with file.( Zombie bones is hard on axes)lotsa ammo n T.P. then i make my thousand bucks back after you guys get done eatin the deer you shot.

1. Pick axe/trenching tool (half axe, half pick) $50
2. Marine Corps Village Blacksmith (a heavy, blunt, short bladed machete/knife) $125
3. M1 carbine $650 (thats what I paid for the carbine 12 years ago, todays prices, have no idea)

I like the idea of the M1 and a corresponding Blackhawk in 30 carbine.

A double action .45 auto, a Harbor Freight machete (for cutting off zombie heads), and a wrist rocket slingshot (rocks are cheap and I don't think you can catch me with one freakin' eye)

It has been said at least twice, but...

.22 carbine
12 gauge pump
Reliable 9mm/40

My choices:
Ruger 10/22 with subsonic ammo for getting little critters
Remington 870 with interchangeable chokes for critters of any size
Sig P226 in 9mm for two legged critters when I run out of 12ga. ammo!

I figure I'll be teaming up with the wife at the least, so she can carry some of the weight!

A good 22lr a 12 gauge shot gun and what ever else you can afford after that.

So a $400 22 ,a $400 shotgun and a great quality knife could come to $200 easy,makes your $1000
YMMV
More 22 and less shotgun,same knife? Not much on the knife?

This is easy to do.

MK III Ruger $360+-
Remington 870 $350+-
K Bar $65 +-

WOW I get some ammo too!

Not to sound like a broken record...but;

10-22
12 guage
9mm or 45 ACP pistol.

You'd better already have a couple knives and a hatchet or two... otherwise, turn in your man card.

Knife ( <broken link removed> or the new <broken link removed> )
Gun (M44 Mosin Nagant)
Gun (Henry Arms AR-7)

You guys see that new Gerber Bear Survival knife? Bear now uses it on his Man versus Wild show. Got to handle one myself just today...only $59. Comes with a bunch of stuff (survival guide, sharpener, whistle and ferrocium rod). Cool, inexpensive knife. Good sheath as well (the Gerber sheaths have always been the deciding factor on buying their knives for outdoor use).

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR