JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
  1. An Oldie but goodie "Lessons Learned from the Argentinian economic Collapse" ---> <broken link removed>
  2. The Best food storage is seed sprouts which store for decades and with water can produce not just 20 times their volume but have negotiable value and possible crop value. ---> Wheatgrass Kits.com- Wheatgrass Information, Kits & Wheat Grass Juicers
  3. Rain Water barrels set on roof downspouts can produce 1000's of gallons of rainwater annually in the PNW.

Best Sprout Growing system on the market - <broken link removed>

If you shop they can be had as low as $159 shipped.

Why sprouts?

1. They are a tiny low watt growing garden that is indoors and safe and produces super nutrition with little watts, water and sunlight.
  2. They are a transportable garden.
  3. Technology is available with LED grow light panels that one can literally grow an entire indoor garden with sprouts and plants in a specialized reflective mylar tent with very minimal wattage ... transferring solar panel watts inside to grow enough food safely indoors for a family of five.

Seal a meal is great for all kinds of things for the obvious food storage but also to keep your desiccants charged ... but also for long term firearms storage ... forget cosmoline ... use some anti-rust bags or chems or strips and toss in a couple desiccant packs (Not the Rusting Oxygen removers) and bag your firearm up the way you want it when you open it up. Perfect for bugout gear that can get wet in flight situations.

Lastly: Make sure you have fuel in stock. Gas fuel should be non-ethanol (Shorties outside of Sandy) and should be high octane ... store it with the marine grade Gas Stabil ... use it yearly and replace it. Ethanol-free gas stations in OR

3. Tell enemies that you have no weapons because you lost all of them in a tragic boating accident on lake Molon Labe.

Better yet ... mark all the liberals in your neighborhood or government facilities for future reference.
Have extra bumper stickers that say "You can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers."
Apply sticker ... narc on the liberals before they narc on you.

My opinion!

1. Vaccination up to date???
2. Talk to your doctor and get them to give you an extra scrip of necessary Med.s if they question the legitimacy of this quote the be porepared stuff from fema and all the all USG, Sate and local websites. Most prescriptions now are 60 - 90 days, this should help, with current one on hand.
3. Enroll in first aid, cpr, aed, wilderness or first responder class, the life you save may be your own, it was for me in while suffering from hypothermia in the middle of nowhere on foot and all alone.

My opinion!

1. Vaccination up to date???
2. Talk to your doctor and get them to give you an extra scrip of necessary Med.s if they question the legitimacy of this quote the be porepared stuff from fema and all the all USG, Sate and local websites. Most prescriptions now are 60 - 90 days, this should help, with current one on hand.
3. Enroll in first aid, cpr, aed, wilderness or first responder class, the life you save may be your own, it was for me in while suffering from hypothermia in the middle of nowhere on foot and all alone.

Nice ... Also make sure your dental is caught up.
Having dental problems in dire circumstances only makes one ineffective.

Nice ... Also be sure to make sure your dental is caught up. Having dental problems in dire circumstances only makes one infective.

I was JUST going to mention dental... one of the MAJOR things the military does is make their people keep on top of their dental needs/issues. One of the BIGGEST causes affecting unit readiness and effectiveness during WWII was G.I. dental issues, and that was a hard lesson learned.

1. A bugout bag is good but a bugout barrel is better. You can get the heavy 55-gallon HDPE with removable water tight lid. Use heavy cardboard or thin plywood to create separations in it. Load and label. It will keep your stuff dry and ready.
  2. In emergencies there must be established levels that are pre-determined ahead of time. Many of the lower level emergencies might still have electrical blackouts or shortages but still leave you living at home. Have alternative power solutions. Plus have power storage solutions. If you run your generator ... do you have AGM batteries to store extra power for later use or "quieter" power use?
  3. Many people think going to the mountains is what they will do. OK ... where EXACTLY ... can you get there any time you want or need to? Are there green or blue gates that would make it impossible without the right gear? How many gates are there along the way? What happens if you get inside a gate and it is locked behind you? A $2 bag of mortar or concrete can be used for numbers of things in the wilderness from security to making a permanent fire ring to making a hot water coil under a fire pit. (Must be kept in a sealed bucket.) Large plastic buckets or plastic planters can be used to make a pouring cone. ;)

Vehicle preparation is often overlooked when it comes to emergencies.

1. Does your vehicle carry a basic emergency kit? What terrain can your vehicle drive on? Can your vehicle cross earthquake cracks in the pavement, cross medians and go over curbs?
  2. I suggest having a vehicle that has the proper ground clearance and quality tires so that road blocks, hazards, check-points or civil disturbances can be avoided at your discretion.
  3. Take mental note of the barricade divider types along highways. (Some are steel cable and impassible without proper gear.) Bugout routes need to avoid "funnel type" civilian control.

Things I always carry in my luggage when I travel, a little long but I believe the details are worth listing

1. In laptop case side pouch, an N-95(in case someone is sick on the plane) and a thin lightweight windbreaker (i Like goretex their rainproof)
2. In my checked bag a small pocket knife, hand sanitizer, travel bar of soap, shampoo.
3. While taveling wear jeans, t-shirt and outer shirt thick woven, soft soled shoes comfortable for walking, a light thin wind breaker in my laptop case. I have had flight from h3ll where I had to switch to alternate modes of travel and was glad I was wering layers and could easily take off or add on, more than once, I would rather make way across country street clothes than business wear. And if the plane make and emrgency land the tight woven clothing will help protect you from injuries.

1. Don't bug out!
Everything you need to survive wont fit in a car or truck. Unless you live in an apartment in the city, or our state starts to sink into the ocean, you are alot better off if you make all preparations to bug in, stay where you are with what you have. You will definitely have less if you leave your home.
Make your home your fortress. Store food, store water filters, prepare to defend your home and yourselves.

2. Go here http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness/Preparedness.pdf
Read it, learn it, live by it.

3. Don't buy guns, don't buy ammo, don't buy medical supplies, don't buy seeds to grow a garden, don't buy a generator, don't buy how to books on surviving,
don't buy a sleeping bag, don't buy anything that has to do with survival until you FIRST have a supply of food and a means of getting water.
Without food and water you will die.

I also want to mention that you NEED to be growing sprouts. If you can't afford the $159 system, you can also grow sprouts out of wide mouth canning jars with lids that have holes in them that you can get here Buy Sprout-Eease - Econo-Sprouter Toppers Set - 3 Piece(s) at LuckyVitamin.com
The best price on them and they work good. They also come with an instruction sheet on how to grow sprouts in jars.

Just my two cents on this...

1. Don't bug out!
Everything you need to survive wont fit in a car or truck. Unless you live in an apartment in the city, or our state starts to sink into the ocean, you are alot better off if you make all preparations to bug in, stay where you are with what you have. You will definitely have less if you leave your home.
Make your home your fortress. Store food, store water filters, prepare to defend your home and yourselves.

Have to kinda stop you there. While I agree the best bet is to have a place that you shouldn't have to bug out of, you should always prepare for the possibility that you may need to. Nobody can sit here and say that what works for me will work for you. A home in an urban setting is a nightmare to defend. The only scenario I can possible think of is if you lived in a cul-de-sac and you with all your neighbors banded together to basically form a segregated community that collectively defended the area.

I also agree with your statement about a truckload not being able to have everything you need. Although I agree with this statement, alone, I also think that when you put all your eggs into one basket like that, you open up a world of possible problems. What if your truck breaks down? What if the roads are impassable? What if someone hi-jacks you? These are the reasons I suggest caching a lot of gear in other areas.

2. Go here <broken link removed>
Read it, learn it, live by it.

3. Don't buy guns, don't buy ammo, don't buy medical supplies, don't buy seeds to grow a garden, don't buy a generator, don't buy how to books on surviving,
don't buy a sleeping bag, don't buy anything that has to do with survival until you FIRST have a supply of food and a means of getting water.
Without food and water you will die.

I also want to mention that you NEED to be growing sprouts. If you can't afford the $159 system, you can also grow sprouts out of wide mouth canning jars with lids that have holes in them that you can get here Buy Sprout-Eease - Econo-Sprouter Toppers Set - 3 Piece(s) at LuckyVitamin.com
The best price on them and they work good. They also come with an instruction sheet on how to grow sprouts in jars.

The rest of this is all pretty sound advice.

Good priority. Except no bug-out plan is like a plane with no oxygen masks or parachutes.
I agree but insure for things I have no control over. Sometimes survival is winning.
Thanks for the links!

Just one "toss-in" for the moment.

Radar detectors are great.
They can save you the $1500 per ticket (Total After being raped by Insurance Hikes.)
However since they alert for various emergency vehicles ... they also can detect at a great distance road blocks that have multiple official vehicles on site.

Just a helpful service reminder for the "Free American."

BTW- That $1500 saved over 3 years should go towards your family preparedness plans. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top