JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Preparedness is like insurance.

Each person feels they need what they need as they become aware of risk.

Often important and simple things are overlooked. Creative ideas can and should be shared to benefit "Free America." So here is your chance to help America and your neighbor stay free. Chime in - keep it short by trying to keep it to no more than 3 helpful hints and 2 links to preparedness archive type things.

Here are my 3:

• One important tool to keep on hand in either the Bug-Out kit or defensive inventory is a good running chainsaw. Beyond wood collection they are the fastest way to create a roadblock in treed areas. Designated road block locations in tactical line of site have been used for centuries in Guerrilla warfare.
  • Firearms are critical but so are the proper holsters ... especially in Urban environments.
  • Lastly Don't forget Chitosan ... the super clotting agent in the super expensive combat bandages. (Quick Clot) I bought several bottles of the same ingredient "Chitosan" with Vitamin C as a dietary supplement. Comes in about 1/8 the price but you have to make your own bandages. Easiest is to slice open a feminine heavy bleeding pad and pour some inside the thin liner side of it. Wala ! Instant super flow field dressing ! A soldiers best friend.

What can you ad to help?

1. stay off the radar the best you can in your every day life.
2. A good relationship with God will do wonders in every situation you might end up in.

1. Vary your route where ever you go, keeps you from being predictable and familarizes with other routes just in case.

2. "Do not hang your pearls in front of swine" unless you swine to come and take them

3. Know your surroundings where ever you are, you never know when you are going to say oh crap now what

1. Awareness / Heads-Up / Stay Informed - Don't be last to know.

2. Always have a Plan B and C - Be flexible because situations change in a heart-beat.

3. Have a Bug-In, Bug-Out and Bug-Home bag. Getting home during a major event is just as important.

EBAY Item #: 290580187718 ... ships for $1.50 ... even if you buy several ... Each Bottle should make 2-3 bandages ... so with the price of heavy bleeding feminine napkins ... one can get about 8 bandages for $20 ish

It is powdered in capsules. Also works great if you pig out on barbecue ribs and don't want all that fat lurking near your heart ... sucks the fattage from the intestines before it can do any damage ... beyond great taste of course!

1. Forget get about wearing the "camo clothes and combat gear" (for the most part), work on being the "Grey Man".

2. Stock up on "over the counter" painkillers that work FOR YOU.

3. Buy a case of bottled drinking water, they're still cheap and will keep for a long time if left unopened.

I'm a "gray man". You live in the northwest-look like the northwest. Blend. The guy standing next to you on the bus could be just like you-similar enough. In the end you want what's best for you and your family/loved ones/friends/neighbors.

1. Forget get about wearing the "camo clothes and combat gear" (for the most part), work on being the "Grey Man".

2. Stock up on "over the counter" painkillers that work FOR YOU.

3. Buy a case of bottled drinking water, they're still cheap and will keep for a long time if left unopened.

Such encouragement from everyone's post. We are not alone.

It is almost tomorrow ... so I'll toss in 3 more:
  • A good selection of Antibiotics can be had on EBAY - They are labeled for fish but are made to exacting standards by the same manufacturers for people. Pick them for their specific function and disease. Generic indeed.
  • When danger exists the well planned have a plan of action for their family and friends. Escape or bugout routines need be thought of ahead of time. What danger or emergency qualifies for "prolonged voluntary relocation or camping?" Water outage, electrical outage, disaster, sewage outing ... all the above ... economic collapse, attack, bad weather?
  • Most importantly which bridges are the lowest profile river or traffic crossing furthest from enforceable conflict controls? And do they lead to Rural or Forest retreat locations? (E.G. - Escape Route Plans internal home and external home, city, and region.) And how much time for which level emergency should you alot before evacuation or before routes close. (How long will escape routes be available based on the level of emergency or societal breakdown?)

1. Take the high ground.
I live on the hill, visibility to the area below all the way to the nearest population center.
2. Get to know your neighbors.
My closest neighbor has a better arsenal than I do, and quite a few local contacts.
3. Know the area.
Traffic patterns, common vehicles on the road, where the smoke stacks and fire pits are that you may see smoke or steam from. There's that strange van again, parked at your neighbors, aren't they on vacation?

1. Rely on God and pray earnstly with family and friends.
2. laugh more and cry less.
3. Have a good group of men that will invest in your life and you in there life.

The above 3 will help provide a stable family home.

1. Plan the work! Work the plan! Dont panic
2.Pay attention, Pay attention, Pay attention. Cant stress that enough,so many people miss all kinds of things going on right in front of them because they are so disconnected from their surroundings!
3.Rotate your supplies and perishable gear, its fantastic to have it but if it goes bad and you need it its worthless. I myself struggle to stay on top of rotating supplies and I dont have that much!

1. Plan on self-reliance: supplement your food, water, and shelter needs with home-grown alternatives.
2. Plan on resilience: look for single-point failure risks in your food, water, shelter, transport, and security networks.
3. Plan on winning the war, not just the battle: you may or may not need your acute crisis response, but the decline will be going on for generations no matter what.

1. Aircaraft have a backup system because failure is not an option in flight, do you?
2. Make a plan, figure out your start point and finish points and execute.
3. Fly low and slow, below the radar.

Such encouragement from everyone's post. We are not alone.

It is almost tomorrow ... so I'll toss in 3 more:
  • A good selection of Antibiotics can be had on EBAY - They are labeled for fish but are made to exacting standards by the same manufacturers for people. Pick them for their specific function and disease. Generic indeed.
  • When danger exists the well planned have a plan of action for their family and friends. Escape or bugout routines need be thought of ahead of time. What danger or emergency qualifies for "prolonged voluntary relocation or camping?" Water outage, electrical outage, disaster, sewage outing ... all the above ... economic collapse, attack, bad weather?
  • Most importantly which bridges are the lowest profile river or traffic crossing furthest from enforceable conflict controls? And do they lead to Rural or Forest retreat locations? (E.G. - Escape Route Plans internal home and external home, city, and region.) And how much time for which level emergency should you alot before evacuation or before routes close. (How long will escape routes be available based on the level of emergency or societal breakdown?)

You can also buy antibiotics direct check out the banner at the bottom of this video Top 5 Antibiotics for SHTF Storage - YouTube

1) Get your fat butt off the chair and exercise!
2) Practice with the gear you intend to take!
3) Study up on ways to do without.

Having all the gear needed for any disaster situation is useless if you are too unfit to carry it or it fails on you in the field. Having said that, you cannot forsee every event and nothing lasts forever. Even rechargable batteries will eventually be useless.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top