JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello everyone, I was at a 3 gun match and one of my buddies had a ring go bad and the spent shells did not eject that well.. a guy from rainier arms had an extra set of rings for the bolt. so it would seem that it is a good idea to have some spare parts.... before my next match i was wanting to know some input on what to buy and where to purchase for these parts...
this is for my ar 15. aero precision lower and stag upper.
thanks

I've seen everything break at a match so you can either have spare guns, the best but most expensive option, or look up the things that break most often on your particular firearms.

For my Wittness Stock I called one of the best gunsmiths that worked on it originally and he put together a small parts kit for me. You could do the same with your pistol and shotgun (or just buy and M1S90)

For my AR I carry a complete spare bolt/carrier, small parts kit, buffer spring and trigger.

Make sure that you have all the tools necessary to work on the guns, sans the big wrenches and hammer. One year I found that I was missing one size of allen wrench and couldn't clean one of my shotguns for the whole match.

Mags are more likely to be broken or cause malfunctions as you are dropping them and stepping on them so mark them and have spares. Batteries are also something to carry.

Finally a good cleaning kit in a couple of really heavy ziplocks so that when they leak they don't get all over everything. Have a break down rod to clear stuck cases

thanks thats a start... whats an m1s90?
i will look into this and see what breaks most...
i use an xdm 9 5.25 and so far so good. and a jm pro mossburg 12 and had a ton of stuff go wrong with the extension tub .. they sent me a new one and waiting to practice for the weekend.

Id say that is good advice.

A spare bolt with the headspace checked for your barrel would be ideal but if you just had a set of gas rings, a spare extractor & spring and an assortment of pins and springs I would say you should be in pretty good shape. All the itty bits are good to have, not because they break but because they tend to get lost if you have to tear something down to replace a part.

The benelli m1s90's are still the gold standard for reliability. Not the softest shooters or fastest but always working counts for a lot.
The 930's were really hit or miss as far as I witnessed this year. It may be more work than it's worth to get it 100% with easily available shells.
The Beretta 1301's seem to be a really good choice -http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179930 - and the Stogger M3000's seem like an inexpensive option after doing some work on them - http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173219

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top