JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What happened to the huge planes they are complaining about not having funding for after the last bad year of wildfires? They complained they needed them then and here we are in a worse year and still no heavy support.

Condolences to the families.

View from my deck this afternoon, s seems to be htf.

205ux3p.jpg

My best friends daughter and fiancé both fight fires with the forest service. She's in a helicopter.
He's on the ground.

She visits a couple times a year and I love her dearly. But her job scares the crap out of me.
These stories make my heart stop. And I'm going to be sick until I hear there both OK.

I can't think of what these families are going through. Just the thought brings tears to my eye's.
I prey they get through this.

I think she's stationed in Arizona. But was in Washington last month. I will keep trying to call her.

Last Edited:
The cold hard fact of the matter is if the forests were managed better or at all the wildfires would do a lot less damage and/or there would be less of them putting these firefighters in danger.
The tree huggers seem to have shut down logging so much there is just so much more to burn.
It's kind of like fighting a war you can't win.
Then if you think about all the positive jobs a forest management program would create it becomes even more frustrating in my brain.
Sorry to maybe get off track but it's all tied together.
I'm just thankful we have these brave people trying to keep us safe.

I don't know how to post pics (and not gunna try) but I wish I could post a pic of the standing dead timber that I get for firewood.
Nice dry bark,tops all dead and brown,usually in clusters since it's some beatle killing the trees.
And tons of limbs and downed timber.
One short trip up in my back yard and you can see why the fire grow so fast.
And they charge us to get wood instead of paying us to clear out the fuel

REMEMBER,the fire fighters understand what they are getting into.Not saying the fires couldn't be managed better. But these guys and girls know what they are doing.
And the families have to sit and wait and hope their kids get back

My condolences to all the families with kids out there.Hope they all get home safe

BTW where is Nwcid? He must be out in a fire someplace

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top