JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Savage Arms has been making rifles since 1894 when the company was first organized. History knows Savage Arms for creating the first hammerless lever action model 99, which was revolutionary and included technology such as a rotary magazine and a round counter displaying the number of rounds left in the receiver. Today they are known for creating affordable precision rifles bearing the AccuStock and more widely known the AccuTrigger, and I have been lucky enough to receive a Savage 10 TR LEO sporting both of these features. This model is more like Sasquatch as it is rarely seen in public, Savage doesn't even have any reference to it on their website. You may find pictures of it here and there on the internet but very few have seen this rifle in person. As I understand it from my Savage representative Savage Arms created this rifle for Law Enforcement purchase only to compete with the Remington 700. I have spent 3 days evaluating this rifle and my initial impression is lookout Remington. This rifle has mass appeal, tactically appealing to Swat Team sniper members and the price-tag will catch the eye of many city politicians and bean counters.

In my best Ringling Brothers Ringmaster voice -- Ladies and Gentlemen lay your eyes on the rare Savage 10TR LEO.
Savage10TR.jpg
Please visit Savage 10TR for a complete range review and plenty of pictures.

You have to go to his site for the review. I just don't feel its worth my effort if it isn't worth his to post it here.

I am sorry you feel that way. The reason I did not post the whole thing here is because of the length, number and size of pictures. If you do go to my website you will see that I get no benefit at all from you visiting. There are no sponsors or advertising at all. I even stay away from the political discourse that has now become a mainstay on other blogs which IMHO is a turn off. I only do this for the love of our great sport/ past time or however you wish to to refer to it. To try and provide unbiased reviews in hopes of attracting new gun owners who may get the same enjoyment out of spending a day on the range with their favorite firearm as we do.

Didn't mean to start anything, guys. Just missed the link at the bottom.

I don't think you started anything. I just wanted folks to know. The entire site is funded my be and 1 other author and we get nothing in return other than the fun of doing what we do and seeing the newcomers join us or own a firearm for the very first time from an article we may have written.

Was the rifle brand new? I see a couple decent groups, but it looks like it may need some breaking in. Or maybe develop a load for it. Not quit deadly accurate yet. Looks like Federal is your best bet for factory. But I would handload some 168's and see what you can get it down to.

I shoot Savages, and a few Remington 700's 5R and all of them shoot .5" groups at 100 yards. With a little work they will shot .375" groups. 200 yard bench are still under an inch.

I am sorry you feel that way. The reason I did not post the whole thing here is because of the length, number and size of pictures. If you do go to my website you will see that I get no benefit at all from you visiting. There are no sponsors or advertising at all. I even stay away from the political discourse that has now become a mainstay on other blogs which IMHO is a turn off. I only do this for the love of our great sport/ past time or however you wish to to refer to it. To try and provide unbiased reviews in hopes of attracting new gun owners who may get the same enjoyment out of spending a day on the range with their favorite firearm as we do.

I'd like to offer my apologies to you, what I read and saw with your post I perceived as a SPAM post. I looked at your other posts here and the vast majority of them seem to point back to your own site, which to me justified my knee jerk Monty Python "I don't like SPAM" reaction. I see now the reaction was wrong, and am sorry for my initial assumption.

I think we have a great community here, and I don't want to see anyone abuse it. I know Joe works hard on this site, and tries to keep it a great place to talk about firearms and firearms issue effecting people of the Northwest. Because of that, I maybe more protective of it then I should be.

I want to wish you continued luck in your reviews, since I finally did read one, they are well put together, well written and informative. Again, please accept my apologies.

Was the rifle brand new? I see a couple decent groups, but it looks like it may need some breaking in. Or maybe develop a load for it. Not quit deadly accurate yet. Looks like Federal is your best bet for factory. But I would handload some 168's and see what you can get it down to.

I shoot Savages, and a few Remington 700's 5R and all of them shoot .5" groups at 100 yards. With a little work they will shot .375" groups. 200 yard bench are still under an inch.

Rifle was brand new and now has 100 rounds through it. I truly believe the rifle would shoot better with a better trigger man :) Not to mention like you have already stated the needs of breaking in and finding the right ammunition and sticking with it.

Well maybe the trigger man :) but I have noticed some of them shoot much better if they have had 100-300 rounds thru them. There are allot of variables, trigger, barrel pressure (free float) etc etc. If the trigger is set to high of poundage its easy to pull shots.

But you did a great review! Nice pictures, and the time spent typing it all out. And seeing you fund it all on your dime!

with 223 69gr federal GMM my savage 10 fcp-k was shooting 0.6moa out of the box at 100 yards, no break in. and i'm just starting out on precision rifle. i can't say this 10TR was impressive at all, sadly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top