JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm observing three events and they seem to be converging/related.

First, the debt. We are likely past the point of ever getting back to a nominal level. A friend who is a commercial banker said we are done if it hits $30 trillion. Some have referred to this as a "Hotel California" situation (you can never leave...). I think of it as a "coffin corner" with my aviation background.
Coffin corner (aviation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second, the government issued Purchase Orders for a monstrous volume of non-military calibers of ammunition last year.

Third, the irrational "gun grab" that we are currently witnessing.

Here is my concern. It is much easier for a government to keep the sheeple in line during an economic collapse if the sheeple are disarmed.

So, valid concern or am I being paranoid? I've never been much of a conspiracy guy, but it's hard for me to ignore the facts and timing of these three events.

Peter

What kills most conspiracies for me is realizing that people are simply not coordinated nor competent enough in large numbers to pull them off and keep them quiet. Especially with modern electronic devices and media.

However, convergence of events spawned through incompetence, greed, and laziness can be just as destructive. I'm concerned about the same events you reference, but not due to a belief in conspiracy. People are just really good at screwing things up.

The grab is actually very rational. A lot of people don't care for guns so much that they forget guns exist until a wave of violence breaks out. Every time such violence occurs, they demand an action, until they sink back into daily routines. My stomach is the closest to me :)

And yes, you are just another paranoid person on this forum.

There are any number of reasons why there is such a big push to disarm us.
Your reasoning is no less valid than other theories. I have thought about it myself.

When the collapse occurs, and it will, the only way the government could maintain nominal control would be through a disarmed populace.
The form that government takes will bear no resemblance to our current government. It will be a military dictatorship.
The only thing standing in their way is the Constitution.

There are any number of reasons why there is such a big push to disarm us.
Your reasoning is no less valid than other theories. I have thought about it myself.

When the collapse occurs, and it will, the only way the government could maintain nominal control would be through a disarmed populace.
The form that government takes will bear no resemblance to our current government. It will be a military dictatorship.
The only thing standing in their way is the Constitution.

If you have means to establish a dictatorship, some 200 year old piece of paper won't be standing in your way. Stop being silly.

The head of the CIA can't keep an affair quiet, you think the government can pull off an entire conspiracy theory without blowing their cover?

The head of the CIA can't keep an affair quiet, you think the government can pull off an entire conspiracy theory without blowing their cover?

They kept it quite for six months until they needed to use it to discredit him.
Benghazi..

But that just might be my tinfoil hat.
Ya... I think there is something to all this for sure.

Im no conspiracy theorist, actually Im usually the voice of reason

but given the govt financial plundering we've observed over the past 10 years or so,the insurmountable debt accumulated & the GWBush gang of crooks made it legal for private and govt employed to loose their pensions.....

the US Treasury has dipped into the VA pension fund for debts....this is public knowledge

maybe they need to disarm us....Id personally be horrified if they couldn't pay our crippled, mangled and dismembered Veterans..I cant possibly imagine just how pissed off they be at their government we have a couple generations of veterans to honorably take care of

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top