JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the chance all three animals were hit by a car, and then euthanized?

I've seen small herds and family units hit simultaneously by vehicles, and it's not unheard of for deer receiving the coup de grace to put them out of their misery. I hope this is completely ruled out before we must assume it was another slob with a gun.

Last Edited:
I hate that there isn't more strict punishment for poaching and animal abuse.
They should spend time in jail.

most youth who abuse animals usually move into abuse or killing people.

But then again we don't punish the evil anymore

Not a far fetched idea at all but I'd at least call OSP and let them know if it was me that put them out of their misery. I took out 3 in my log truck outside of Lyons once. They didn't require a lead injection. They were 100% bumper pressed, road, and rubber tenderized.

Last Edited:
There should be some signs on the carcasses of road kill. This is something the OSP would know. Makes you wonder, the article said head shots at close range on all three. Maybe they weren't killed near the road, but somewhere else and dumped by the road. Maybe semi-tame deer eating somebody's roses. BUT: You shoot one in the head, the other two are gonna run, aren't they? And not wait around for more head shots. I'd like to know the rest of the story myself.

There should be some signs on the carcasses of road kill. This is something the OSP would know. Makes you wonder, the article said head shots at close range on all three. Maybe they weren't killed near the road, but somewhere else and dumped by the road. Maybe semi-tame deer eating somebody's roses. BUT: You shoot one in the head, the other two are gonna run, aren't they? And not wait around for more head shots. I'd like to know the rest of the story myself.

I've messed with deer on my property with a strobing flashlight. It makes them freeze and they lose all their depth perception. You can walk right up on them if you're downwind.

I've seen small herds and family units hit simultaneously by vehicles, and it's not unheard of for deer receiving the coup de grace to put them out of their misery. I hope this is completely ruled out before we must assume it was another slob with a gun.

The police would have known if it was a mercy killing. If the where hit buy a car.they would know OSP sees it all the time . Plus it is OSP reaching out to find who did it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top