JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me thinkith you are right nammac, What we used to carry is now a back up, and the new arms need to be far more powerful and longer range! I am thinking Counter Sniper work is in the near future for us all!

Too late for me, I have been shoulder bag carrying a carbine for about 3 years now! I just switched from a PS-90 to a C.A.R. 16 Comando SBR! Much better mid range performance with a small and light enough platform to make carry simple! Then there is the truck gun, A full size battle rifle in 7.62X51!!! I am never more then 150 meters away from my truck, so having this option is the be all end all for me!

On CBS tonight they showed a Police Chief saying the shot that took out the shooter was amazing a whole 100 yards.

Good grief during the sight in service at 4 corners rod and gun club I have watched young girls with .243's and 30-30's hit the bread basket on a running dear target that moves at an angle from 75-100 yards A few of them two shots in the short time allowed.

By the time my son was 10 he could hit the black on a 100 yard target standing as if hunting. With his moms Marlin 336.

And a 100 yard shot by a SWAT officer with a scoped AR or maybe even a dedicated sniper rifle is an amazing shot?

WOW they best not come for our guns our kids can out shoot them.

I've twice killed very small flies that have landed on my target at the Emerald Empire Gun Club's 100 yard range. I was able to see the fly through a scope cranked up to 16x.

However, they both were not armed and shooting at people. ;)

You can see what little remained of the fly at the top right portion of the photo. The remains were sort of liquified, and stuck to the paper.

The first time I did this I had no camera with me. It took 3 attempts that day to get the fly. This second fly was unfortunate enough to land on my target on a totally calm day. Not one breath of wind. Nailed him on the first shot.

fly100.jpg

I've twice killed very small flies that have landed on my target at the Emerald Empire Gun Club's 100 yard range. I was able to see the fly through a scope cranked up to 16x.

However, they both were not armed and shooting at people. ;)

You can see what little remained of the fly at the top right portion of the photo. The remains were sort of liquified, and stuck to the paper.

The first time I did this I had no camera with me. It took 3 attempts that day to get the fly. This second fly was unfortunate enough to land on my target on a totally calm day. Not one breath of wind. Nailed him on the first shot.

View attachment 303191
@Lance Jacobs

You are indeed a might bit twisted... :eek:

I hereby declare you the Official NWFA Fly Hunter!

At the Diggle ranges here in UK, not far from the major city of Manchester in the North West, there is a the Diggle Fly Shoot.

A slightly-enlarged outline of a fly is pasted to a target, and competitors invited to take a shot at it.

Literally one shot with any calibre they have to paw except .50cal BMG.

At 500m.

Or maybe it's yards.

Folks hereabouts don't take much notice of that metric stuff.

There is also an egg shoot.

Same rules.

Winner gets to keep the egg.

tac

Adrenaline rush with officers already deceased vs. shooting relaxed at a range, also from the line shown on the press conference "through buildings" (I am thinking window)..... yes, worded for the masses an "amazing shot".

Brutus Out

TBH, 'adrenaline rush' is not something that any well-trained police sharpshooter, or even a military sniper [note the difference] should be able to take on board - that's why they are specially trained in the skill-set. Urban sharpshooting, where the entire locale around the target is a civilian environment, puts great constraints on the police sharpshooter, as indeed it did for us operating in Northern Ireland, where the IRA terrorist operated almost with impunity from within the civilian population, on occasions actually shooting through the letter box [a spring-loaded flap in the front door of the house]. In those circumstances, 'brassing-up' the house, which my have been deliberately filled with women and children, was not an option.

Many of the IRA's 'snipers' are therefore still alive to boast of their 'exploits' over a pint in a friendly bar somewhere.

Mind you, we zotzed a good few of them. ;)

tac

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top