JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No it isn't. :cool:

We need to give at least half the credit/blame to the 24-hour media, which dwells on each incident for day after day after day, almost insuring a lunatic fringe copycat will pop up in another city and get his 15 hours of fame.

These networks are completely, willfully blind to what they are doing and are directly complicit.

Here is another interesting tidbit of info about the shooter.

I found out that he has another YouTube channel, and that it is still available. And I found a video posted by him last month, explaining THAT HE HAD SPENT THE LAST TWO YEARS LIVING IN AFRICA!!

He was such a black separatist, that he actually went to Africa to go live with other black people. He dislikes white people that much. However, for some unknown reason that he does not explain, he came back to the USA last month.

I must wonder, did life in Africa perhap disillusion him? Perhaps it was not the black paradise that he had hoped for??

If you want to see this video, it is still online right now as I am posting this:

I've heard nothing at all about this in the media either. What is going on??

I think Doc has it: the news media is directly responsible for perpetuating this.

Remember the old saying the pen is mightier than the sword? It all starts with ideas.

Too bad they cannot bring those guns into the US they are not classed as sporting rifles and so they fit into the importation ban of 94.

But it would be cool to collect one.

You are welcome to have one of these guns, the original [pre-H&K makeover] of the SA80. They were a total pile of crap in most every way imaginable.

1. If you wore face-paint, then it welded your cheek to the crummy plastic.

2. Because of the position of the breech relative to the extractor port, it was not possible to determine if it had a round in it by looking.

3. The cocking knob - more of a half-inch stub of stuck-on plastic - came off with regularity.

4. On one occasion, a Royal Marine pulled the barrel out of the action when the pull-through got stuck.

5. If you inadvertently squoze the trigger with the safety applied, there was a very good chance that you'd break the action bar or the sear, or both.

6. They functioned MUCH better on full-auto than on repetition. In direct contrast, the support weapon version the LSW, was a cracking single-shotter - now replaced by the SAW M-249. Can you imagine the thinking behind adopting a squad support weapon that shoots off a thirty-round magazine in less than three seconds?

7. There were TWO recoil/operating springs - one was long and thin with a rounded end, the other one was thin and long with the other end rounded - they were NOT interchangeable. If you inadvertently muxed them ip, the gun would cock, then seize up solid. Most users colour-coded them with a dab of paint to avoid confunglement.

Apart from the armed forces of the yUK, the only other 'force' offered this pile of junk was the Falkland Islands Defence force, who rightly turned it down and took the Steyr AUG instead.

It took ten years and a two wars [GW1 and the Kosovo confict] to persuade the gubmint that all was not well. The result was a $300 MILLION redesign and makeover that made them better.

Not perfect, but better.

There WAS a single shot version, named the Ensign, used by the Combined Cadet Forces, fitted with the original AR-type sights.

Odd, isn't it, that the very first time that the yUK adopts a home-grown design since the Pattern 53 muzzleloading rifle of the mid-1800's, it all goes totally tits up.

Give me a Daniel Defence or LMT in 7.62x51 NATO, please.

tac

Last Edited:
I'm not quite sure what to make of this, but the shooter's YouTube account has been taken down. All of those videos that he posted proclaiming his Muslim faith, black separatism, and the need for violence are all gone now.

And the mainstream media is still ignoring the fact that he was a Nation of Islam member. It would thus appear that this is all being hushed up.

Or am I being paranoid to think that?

Nope, you are not being paranoid....oh, how they love to put the banner up that he was a member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children! They are going to ramp up coming after vets now, guarantee it.

Brutus Out

You are welcome to have one of these guns, the original [pre-H&K makeover] of the SA80. They were a total pile of crap in most every way imaginable.

2. Because of the position of the breech relative to the extractor port, it was not possible to determine if it had a round in it by looking.

3. The cocking knob - more of a half-inch stub of stuck-on plastic - came off with regularity.

4. On one occasion, a Royal Marine pulled the barrel out of the action when the pull-through got stuck.

5. If you inadvertently squoze the trigger with the safety applied, there was a very good chance that you'd break the action bar or the sear, or both.

6. They functioned MUCH better on full-auto than on repetition. In direct contrast, the support weapon version the LSW, was a cracking single-shotter - now replaced by the SAW M-249. Can you imagine the thinking behind adopting a squad support weapon that shoots off a thirty-round magazine in less than three seconds?

7. There were TWO recoil/operating springs - one was long and thin with a rounded end, the other one was thin and long with the other end rounded - they were NOT interchangeable. If you inadvertently muxed them ip, the gun would cock, then seize up solid. Most users colour-coded them with a dab of paint to avoid confunglement.

Apart from the armed forces of the yUK, the only other 'force' offered this pile of junk was the Falkland Islands Defence force, who rightly turned it down and took the Steyr AUG instead.

It took ten years and a two wars [GW1 and the Kosovo confict] to persuade the gubmint that all was not well. The result was a $300 MILLION redesign and makeover that made them better.

Not perfect, but better.

There WAS a single shot version, named the Ensign, used by the Combined Cadet Forces, fitted with the original AR-type sights.

Odd, isn't it, that the very first time that the yUK adopts a home-grown design since the Pattern 53 muzzleloading rifle of the mid-1800's, it all goes totally tits up.

tac

I know and I know they have been revamped multiple times and still are not great but it would still be nice to have one in my collection. Just cuz I do not have one.

Nope, you are not being paranoid....oh, how they love to put the banner up that he was a member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children! They are going to ramp up coming after vets now, guarantee it.

Brutus Out

Think you might have lost a few people with the uncle Sams misguided children.

I know and I know they have been revamped multiple times and still are not great but it would still be nice to have one in my collection. Just cuz I do not have one.

Never going to happen. The handful of legal ie, not fully-auto examples were returned for destruction. The price at that time was around £8,500 I recall - think around $25,000 in today's money. There were NO 'underhand' examples made either, these were full-on military contract only, remember.

All were accounted for.

Even a de-ac to yUK standards is around $5000 - Deactivated SA80 fully kitted with Accessories - Modern Deactivated Guns - Deactivated Guns (http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/deactivated-guns/modern-deactivated-guns/deactivated-sa80-fully-kitted-with-accessories/prod_1647.html)

Sorry et al.

tac

The murder weapon was an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle, law enforcement sources told CNN.

Hillary would like to have cops going out trying to confiscate these same guns. I suspect it won't go well for those who try it.

On Sunday, police received a call of a "suspicious person walking down Airline Highway with an assault rifle," a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN.
When police arrived, the shooting began.
This guy was just walking down the road with a rifle. They'd have been better off leaving him alone, until he committed an actual crime at least. Were they enforcing some gun control law?

There is also nothing wrong with black separatism, nor for that matter white separatism. Racism may be silly, but where there is no victim, there is no crime.

People get fed up with police state BS; 2.3 million Americans in jail is tyranny, folks. The pot is really boiling now. This is how revolutions start.

I hope all the people here expressing their support for police, change their tune when those police are going around confiscating their guns. We can be thankful so many Oregon sheriffs have the sense not to enforce the latest gun laws coming out of Salem.

Last Edited:
Shooter had an AR-15 and a Travor, both in 5.56... Also an XDm in 9mm...

This according to Louisana State Police.

Also states there were hoax social
Media sights that were being posted to in the shooters profile, even though the shooter had already died...

United States Marine Corps.

tac

That is all that the news media is focusing on today, saying that he was another wacked out veteran, and stigmatizing all veterans by doing that.

Still cannot find any mainstream media taking any note at all regarding his racist back separatist beliefs, or that he lived in Africa the past two years, and only came back to America a month ago.

America's news media has turned into a joke.

That is all that the news media is focusing on today, saying that he was another wacked out veteran, and stigmatizing all veterans by doing that.

Still cannot find any mainstream media taking any note at all regarding his racist back separatist beliefs, or that he lived in Africa the past two years, and only came back to America a month ago.

America's news media has turned into a joke.
Believe it or not, late last night CNN did talk about his black separatist activity and affiliation. They also taked about his possible involvement with other extremist organizations...

That was last night, haven't heard that again today...

Shooter had an AR-15 and a Travor, both in 5.56... Also an XDm in 9mm...

This according to Louisana State Police.

Also states there were hoax social
Media sights that were being posted to in the shooters profile, even though the shooter had already died...

Do you have any source that you can cite for this? I can find no such statements from the Louisiana State Police, or anyone else either.

Oh geez, state officials just confirmed that the seriously wounded officer has a brain wound, and remains in very critical condition.

I fear that the death toll may be going up to 4.

Authorities confirmed that the first Baton Rouge officer shot, tried to crawl away. A Sheriff's Deputy spotted him, and while running towards him, was himself gunned down and killed. The shooter then went over to the wounded officer that was trying to crawl away, and fired an additional 3 shots into him at point blank, effectively executing him.

Apparently there is security camera footage from the building this happened at, that shows all of this extreme carnage. The Governor said that the video showed an extremely brutal and callous murderer at work.

They also confirmed that a Baton Rouge Police SWAT sniper was the officer that took the shooter out with a single shot.

Last Edited:
Watching the Police today, looks like it was not a evil black gun although he had one in his car.

He was using a Tavor.
20140616_1530411.jpg

Not perfect, but better.

tac
Not to get off topic or derail the thread, but aren't all Enfields 'home-grown'?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top